January 10, 2008

"Take Your Kid To Work" Week.

It probably isn't... but in our world... it has been.

Our cows are calving.
Our cows are at the Dick Ranch - approximately 25 minutes from our home.
Our cows don't always do things the easy way.
Our cows don't just calve when it's convenient.

Ian & Mason have been "camping" in our trailer this week.
They have been watching "Baby McDonald" aka... "What does a farmer do?!" and "Coach" (seasons 1 through 4).
They've been making microwave popcorn and living the high life.

They've cleaned out the tack barn.
They've fixed fence.
They've fed cows & calves.
They've been riding the range.
They've been keeping an eye out for the cougar that a neighbor spotted earlier this week.
They've been the ranchers they were born to be.

I think they may have found a new home... hopefully it's not forever.

Missing them, but I know that they're both in heaven.

... and since I have no pictures of this experience thus far...
(someone has to work around here & I guess it might as well be me)

... here are some oldies but goodies I found from just 2 short years ago.



Happy Calving everyone!!

16 comments:

Ronda said...

Love the banner!!!!!
There are days I miss my cows and their sweet calves. Yes I know it is lots of work and yes, I still miss it sometimes.
Did I mention that I LOVE the new banner?? I do! I really do!

Michelle said...

Nice new look... I am partial to brown. Sounds like it has been quiet in your neck of the woods. So.. I know we both have busy days tomorrow... but if you get a minute, call me.

Katie said...

What a memorable experience for both of them! Love the new look. I've been meaning to tell you it's fun watching the calf count go up!

kjenns said...

Love the colors and banner. Dig it. What memories they are making.
Blessings to you today Lindsay (and to your family). Happy calving.
Kellie

Nicole said...

I also love the colors and the calf count. Mason looks so cute. hope you have a Great Friday.

Anonymous said...

Lucky boy lucky mom!

Kristie said...

nothing better than a boy and his daddy workin' together!

A little too much poop involved in that line of work for me though!

Tricia said...

What a blessing that they can share that "work" experience....the girls and I are jealous. However, I don't think my girls would find my job as exciting as Mason finds Ian's. have a GREAT day!

Sharon said...

I love that I can come to your blog and experience an entirely different world! Aside from watching episodes of "Coach" it's just like reading a page out of Little House on the Prairie! I bet your boys just love it! My girls would struggle a bit with the calf afterbirth, I have to say! : )

Anonymous said...

Mason is definitely his Daddy's boy.....what special memories they are making....!!!
They're really going to appreciate YOU when they come back to civilization....they have to be missing your sweet smile and loving arms!
The new banner is GREAT!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

love the banner
love the brown
love love love the bond between Ian and Mason.....that time together is golden!!!!Tomorrow he will be 18 and their bond will make him the strong, mansculine man God intended him to be.
Darn it I am crying!!!
That took less than 30 seconds!!
Ugh!
I am pathetic when it comes to little boys! THEY MAKE ME CRY! i just adore them too much!

Tiffany said...

Sounds like they're having so much fun! Camping out is always the best. :o)

There's a cougar nearby!??
Scary!

Stacy said...

They will look back on this time and cherish it, I am sure! What an awesome Dad! Amazing! I don't think I could care for cows, calves and a 3 year old all at the same time! He is a saint! : )

Shannon said...

What a wonderful memory...I imagine they will be doing this until Mason goes off to "Cow Class" at Wazzu.

Anonymous said...

Linds,
Love the banner. I love the colors. They are great. I think it is great that Mason loves to be with the cows and loves to go to work with his Dad. How special and sweet. I love the pictures from the "past."

Crystal said...

What a father/son bonding time! How awesome!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin