February 27, 2008

comments

they're back...

this morning during my quiet time (away from the comments and the computer... totally HEALTHY - and a step in the right direction in GOOD use of my time)

I realized that the comments I receive are just as much of a ministry to you as what I write...

reading others thoughts...

thinking about things in a different way...

and developing friendships through comments...

so, I guess you can say that I needed the freedom... and still want it... but am at peace with putting them back.

call me indecisive.

call me crazy.

Connections, friendships, faith... they are happening... and the comments will stay.


... but the addiction is on it's way out the door!

Read away folks, comment if you want - but don't feel pressured ... and most importantly live the life you were created to live.

Peace.

20 comments:

Ronda said...

Peace be with you this day and everyday from here forward!

Deb said...

I'm so glad to see the comments back. I don't always leave one, but I enjoy reading the comments...sometimes they are accutaly helpful to me... a little food for thought.
Your blogs are wonderful, you are great at putting your thoughts and words to print, something I have always struggled with. Reading your blogs and comments help me with mine. Thanks!!!!!

LAUREN at Faith Fuel said...

Comments are like calling out "hi" to the guy at the deli or the woman at the check out line. And here in the Northeast, compared to when i lived in the South, we don't even do that!

So, for me, the comments are like mini conversations, just a little spurt of chatting so that I know I have friends, far and wide, that maybe I don't know well...but I wish I did.

Shannon said...

Yeah!! I dont feel pressure when I comment. I do it as a way to have a conversation with you...when I can not in person.

Plus I was so disturbed today when I couldnt wish your Mama a happy birthday ;).

Deb said...

I forgot to mention...a little adult conversation is real nice also. =)

from
-THE BABYSITTER-

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Beautifully put! What a great reminder of why we're blogging in the first place :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH! I am SO HAPPY!
SO, SO HAPPY.
It feels weird to me, but I was really dissappointed both that I couldn't comment, but also that I couldn't read the thought provoking comments that other people leave here.
:) Smiling and waving, and aggreeing that our friendship should be more on a face to face level!!!
Love to you today!

Anonymous said...

ooops, that last one was me! :)

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

THANK GOODNESS! I was hating it already!
Comment for last post:
Happy Birthday, Lindsay's rockin' mom! She just glows with joy! I love her and don't even "know" her!
Comment for this post:
Comment addiction, well, I totally get what both of you are saying, and it is good to take a step back when needed....but it is a joy to comment for me and I am glad you have it turned back on! It is just such an easy way to connect with others. Email seems more formal some how!? Sounds weird but I think you know what I mean! Feels like I need to write a letter when I email. Comments can be one word!

Kristie said...

I love getting comments but not as much as I love leaving comments on others blogs!

Blessings to you today and everyday!

Melissa said...

This blog is a journal of your life. To me it does not matter how many comments you get or who comments, but they are nice to recieve when needing another voice of thought. I love reading what you have to say and leaving you comments when I can. Love to you! You are so sweet!

Brenna said...

I have to admit I used my time more wisely (without the comments)... but I could tell I wasn't going to e-mail you unless it was importaint... ie: a letter. which ment we weren't going to communicate as much...big bummer.

but like I thought when I read the first post - whatever you decide! :)

you're a treasure Lindsay!

Renee' said...

I just can't imagine a blog without comments. Like you said, they are a ministry in itself, glad you opened yours back up but your reasoning gives us all something to think about. As my last few posts on my blog said, I hope we never forget that relationships are key. Love ya.
Renee

Katie said...

Glad the silence (on our part) didn't last long :) Love to connect with you in this way!

Your Mom is just adorable...love the picture. Happy Birthday to her today-? or maybe yesterday!

Katie

Leslie said...

Welcome back to commenting! I am glad that you changed back! I love leaving you comments and checking up on you via blog since we dont get to see each other or chat in real life (hopefully some day soon)!

But I am with you on the "addicted" part. It can consume my life some days, I am learning to be better about it.

Tiffany said...

Oh THANK GOODNESS!! I seriously kept thinking about you all day long and was so sad you took the comments off! I've NEVER felt pressured to leave you a comment,and when I do it's because I dont get the luxury to see you daily and I want to keep in touch and let you know how much your blessing my life! Love you Linds! Thanks for your prayers and for your open heart.

Nicole said...

So glad comments are back I love reading your blog and reading everyone's thoughts

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Woo Hoo! So happy to see the comments return!

cassandra said...

Quick Notes to say we care about you and all the other bloggers out there! Glad you decided to keep the comments. I don't always take the time to comment on everyone's blog, but I try to do one here and there throughout my visits.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin