Golfing.
Watching some golf.
Traveling/Vacationing.
Maybe even hiking.
The Annual Umatilla County Cattleman's Picnic would not have been my answer.
As I rounded one of the last corners of my drive South East on Sunday morning, my destination sat miles ahead reaching into the bright blue sky. It was
beautiful.
The people I've grown to know and love sat amongst the pine trees, conversing about the price of hay, fuel, and the cattle market. The smell of steaks and ice cold beer moved with the breeze. Children ran and played throughout the park.
This man, my husband and father of my two beautiful boys, has given me a life I love. He's introduced me to things and people that I can't imagine life without. He's become a father, a cattleman, a farmer & a husband that I'm so very proud of. And even if he doesn't golf, or hike... he does so much... so very, very much more.
Ian - may you know that your height isn't the only thing that makes you stand out in a crowd.
Thank you for the life you've given me and our boys... we wouldn't trade it for anything!



12 comments:
Great post Linds! Happy father's day Ian. Isn't funny how our lives can be so different than we imagined them to be and yet are better than we imagined!
Lindsay,
This is a great post again! Thanks for sharing. Ian, Happy Father's Day to you! You have a wonderful family.
Great tribute Lindsay!!!
It is always interesting to look back at what you thought your life would be like.
Nicely written Linds..... especially the line about Ian standing out in a crowd! :-)
Great picture, too!
I can't believe he is smiling for the camera! haha What a great life you do have, and a great family. What a lucky girl you are. I love that park, so glad you and your friends are enjoying it! =)
Hhhhmmm, I am left wondering what you just did that got that smile out of him. :)
Never seen a picture of him with teeth showing before. ;) Whatever it was, he looks happy.
Sweet post, I love that you are so good at finding the beauty in everyday life!
I still remember going to the Cattleman's Annual Picnic in Klamath County. It was great fun. I think we always fell asleep in the car on the way home and had to be carried to bed. Great memories.
he seems to be liking the camera a little more :) You are so good at honoring your husband, Linds! Keep enjoying your summer!!! Blessings.
What a great picture of Ian!
What a great post! it was so nice to get to see you today! hope you got everything done!
love seeing a smile on that guy! What a great life indeed!
What a nice tribute to your husband and the life you are living!! So nice that you are happy where you were "planted"!
Post a Comment