December 24, 2008
Eve.
We've never really named our calves.
I guess when you know you aren't going to keep them, there is no sense in naming them.
They just get numbers that match their mama.
Well ...
Once in a while there is a special one or two that get a name, and today ... a special one was born.
Welcome to the world little Eve.
After losing 8 calves about a month ago because of a horrible thing called {Pine Needle Abortion}, this little girl was a welcomed sight for Ian today!!
** You can read all about Pine Needle Abortion here if you're wondering what in the heck it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Welcome to this wonderful world... EVE! :) (off to read about pine needle abortion)
I am not often 'unsure' of what you are talking about when it comes to 'ranch life'. It takes me back to my roots. I do remember 'special' calves too, though I can't say I remember their names. I'll have to tell you about the tragic branding that occured a few years back with my dad. You got me today ~ I do not have any idea about pine needles abortion, but I know I dont' like the sounds of it.
oh she's so sweet.
She is a sweet calf. I am going to read about this lovely sounding pine needle abortion. Glad something turned out good on a cold night. Happy Christmas Eve. Have a Merry Christmas tomorrow. Love the picture of Mason with his dad in the next post. :-)
well it is true what they say...you do learn something new everyday! Now I know what PNA is:)
Welcome to the world little one! May you grow to be big and strong and bring good money at the sale yard!!
Welcome little Eve! You truly are a special little blessing!
Now I can say I know what PNA is as well! Who would have thunk.
I Love Eve...what a sweet, sweet blessing to your day! That's the part of this "cattle" life that I love the most...the moment when those precious babies are on the ground! Thanks for sharing...and the smile it brought! Sweet blessings!
Post a Comment