December 25, 2008

Just us.


Christmas music playing.

{Mickey's Magical Christmas} on the TV.

Little Smokies Wraps.

Homemade bread with honey butter. {Thanks Doug & Patty}

Smoked Turkey.

Cheese.

Green Olives.

Black Olives. {Lindsay ones of course}

Eggnog.

... and a few presents.

We didn't do much shopping this year, in fact, we didn't go to the mall once this holiday season. Both Ian and I tried to focus less on the "stuff" and more on the reality that we are blessed with so very much already. We didn't want to take away the fun of watching our boys open presents or the "magic" of the tree skirt covered with gifts, but we did agree to do less this year.
A lot less.
And really, the few things that the boys did get were perfect.
Less was/is better.

The best part was to watch them open the gifts from others. Mason was in awe of the things that other people got for him, as well as Mack and kept shouting {thank you} in the air.

** Round-Up sweatshirts and puzzles from Bill & Bev.

** A {Digger} book with DVD & building blocks from their cousin Clare.

** New long underwear {just like daddy} and pj's from Doug & Patty.

** The letters of their names to make a train from Great Grandma Pat.

** Two awesome CARS sleeping bags from Rod, Deb, Kaden, Ethan & Aurora.

We are so very blessed by the wonderful people in our lives who love us so very much. Seriously. I'm in awe too.

So ... our Christmas Eve was right here at home.

We were going to attempt to attend the Christmas Eve service, but honestly it felt right to just stay put & enjoy being {home}.

Our evening was spent with just the four of us. {oh, and Jack & Jill too}

It was different not being with our families or friends, but somehow it was {just right} at the same time.

Nothing fancy.

Just us.







Merry Christmas!!

** Ian's dad wrote a great column about him in yesterday's paper too.

Showing We Care Takes Many Forms


Thanks George.

I think {actually, I know} that was one of the best gifts you could have given him.

11 comments:

Anne said...

May the warmth of this Christmas sustain you through this season and those to come.

Michelle said...

Sometimes just being together is a GIFT all in itself! I am thankful that you had a special evening together!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Your Christmas sounds just perfect. Your pictures are glowing with holiday spirit.

I loved the article about Ian. I just couldn't read it fast enough. It is always fun to read George's articles and get little glimpses of your family.

Have a great day!

Melissa said...

What a great post and article. I loved that you got tires for V-day, priceless!

Happy to hear you had Merry Christmas Linds! We did too!

Anonymous said...

Family is the best gift of all ...... wish we could have ALL been together this year BUT it was smart of us to not take chances with this adverse weather, for sure!
The pictures are GREAT (as usual)!

Shannon said...

um...Ian, here's a hint...Get her something that sparkles!!

That was a fun read.

Shannon said...

Oh, and Linds...I loved this post as well.

Kristie said...

Its more about the "togetherness" than anything!:) Less is definitely more! It won't be the gifts that are remembered when you look back years from now (although they will be cherished in the days to come)It will be the memory of being together that will last in their hearts forever!

Stacey said...

the article was just perfect!!

Looks like your Christmas was too!

Sweet Blessings said...

I Love that you got to spend the night just "being"....you are right...sometimes the simple things in life just seem so right! My Mr. was really wanting ot stay home from the Christmas Eve service too :D (But, since he had to serve...well, what can you do??) I also had to smile at your Father-iin-laws article...what a sweet blessing!!!

Lisa said...

Very cool- it looks like Mason and Ryan would get along just fine- they are both in to trucks and trailers- true boys, I suppose :) And Mac and Gage seem to have the same animal interests as well! lol.

I read the article about Ian- what a wonderful and wise man you have there! I loved the quote at the end.

Loved this post!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin