February 12, 2009

inspi{red} by Abe.

"...I know that the Lord is always on the side of the right. But it is my constant anxiety and prayer that I and this nation should be on the Lord's side."

"I am rather inclined to silence, and whether that be wise or not, it is at least more unusual nowadays to find a man who can hold his tongue than to find one who cannot."

"Leave nothing for tomorrow which can be done today."

"I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had nowhere else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day."

"I regard no man as poor who has a godly mother."

"That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well."

"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."

"Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm."

"Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing."

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them."

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."

"Every man is said to have his peculiar ambition. Whether it be true or not, I can say for one that I have no other so great as that of being truly esteemed of my fellow men, by rendering myself worthy of their esteem."

"Fourscore and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent, a new nation, conceived in Liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal."

"I don't know who my grandfather was; I am much more concerned to know what his grandson will be."

"I will prepare and some day my chance will come."

"If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?"

"Most folks are as happy as they make up their minds to be."

"My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth."

"Whatever you are, be a good one."

"You have to do your own growing no matter how tall your grandfather was."

.......................................................

Thank you Mr. {16th} President.

6 comments:

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

these are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Such wisdom {from the Lord, I believe} that he imparted many years ago ..... now, my job is to apply what he said to my life today!
Thanks for the inspiration!

Crystal said...

I agree with your mom! Such wisdom comes from the Lord! Miss you!

Sweet Blessings said...

Thanks for sharing all those words....they encouraged me....and rejuevenated my spirit!!! Most of all....I just can't thank YOU enough for blessing my life with YOU!!! Sweet blessings!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

"Don't worry when you are not recognized, but strive to be worthy of recognition."

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them."

...are the two that struck a cord with me this evening. Thanks for sharing these thought provoking words today.

Becky said...

Neat post. Your students are lucky to have you as a teacher. =) (and your kids lucky to have you as a mom).

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin