February 3, 2009

A little bit of this ...

and a little bit of that.

the sun is shining here today ... and it's actually not freezing cold.

my classroom door is open, my class is at PE, and the sound of children playing on the playground is music to my ears.

the {love} tree on my kitchen table is from IKEA. I picked it up on one of the best weekends ever last January.

there is something I truly {love} about blogging. truly, truly {love}. probably because I'm a journaling fool at heart.

these cool hearts are made with some html codes I came across recently. The code for hearts is {&#9829}. You type it in while using the edit Html tab above. Try it. You'll love it.

my camera {Canon Rebel xti} is used every day. Lately it's been taking pictures of {science} because we have a guest {scientist} from the University of Oregon in our room for 2 weeks. Super fun & inspiring.

life without chocolate would be horrible. Today I'm really enjoying Hershey Kisses & Junior Mints.

our babysitter has been under the weather. My mother-in-law {} took care of the boys yesterday & fixed the most delicious stew for dinner last night with every ingredient she could find. {I think I need to do some grocery shopping}.

Fernando & Lelis are watching Mack today ... I hope he can speak Spanish fluently when I get home ... or at least {hola}.

I am memorizing Psalm 139 this month. Love it. Have the first 4 verses done. I've printed them in sets of two and have them in Ziploc bags on a hook in the shower. Some people sing songs ... I sing Psalms.

tomorrow is my friend Amy's birthday. She is a wonderful woman I met through my blog & I treasure her so very much! Go on over {tomorrow} and wish her another great trip around the sun!!

Ronda got me the greatest book last year called Eat Your Peas {for birthdays}. There is a whole collection of them. Check them out here.

thank you to those who read and answered the questions in the post Stand Tall. I'm inspired and encouraged by your thoughts & am thankful you took the time to read and reflect. God does GREAT things when we desire His best and strive for it.

I've decided after beginning my study of Esther & watching {The Bachelor} last night that today's world/society isn't too far off from the rule of King Ahasuerus & Queen Vashti.

did I mention that the sun is shining here today?

follow my blog if you want ... add your picture over there on the side & you'll be one of the first to know when I post something new.

{} share some love with those around you.


You never know who you may influence today.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds,
Your blog always inspires me, makes me laugh, smile, cry, think, and wonder about things. You always have amazing and wonderful things to say. I love your pictures too. Thanks for all the things you share with me and so many others, you truly are amazing and I can't wait for you to publish your book. I am sorry that I haven't been as good about following your blog and commenting, life as been touchy and crazy lately, but I think of you often. Love you dear friend. Have a great rest of your week.
Tanya

Anne said...

A little sun goes a long way doesn't it? I always get bitten by the spring bug about this time...even though I know we will likely see more snow. The little rays of sunshine remind us we always have HOPE!

Shannon said...

Love the hearts! And the fun pictures on the side.

Becky said...

Liked this post today. You {looked} happy in this post. =)

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

Just used the hearts in a post!!!! love them!!!!!! thanks!!!! I put the code on my igoogle "to do" list just so it is handy to grab whenever I need it!!!!
I {&#9829} you! 0xx0

Sherry said...

I heart the hearts. :)

Have another sunny day!

Anonymous said...

You kept the smile on my face clear through this post - and after..
and while some may need to follow to follow your blog, it seems I have a sixth sense or ESP or something because I always get a feeling when you have posted something new or changed anything on here. weird. but true.
The hearts are awesome. these posts are awesome. oh, and most of all...
YOU are Awesome! :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your faithfulness to blog. It helps me keep up on things. I love the banner of Mack.

misty said...

i am now a follower of this blog (or you!) i just love how you write. so beautiful & inspiring!!!

now go & enjoy that sunshine!

Kirsten said...

Hope the sun is still shining! Enjoy it!!

I {heart} you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lindsay,
Just wanted to let you know that you inspired me to read the book of Esther. The day I started I decided to read in my little devotional first...I opened it up to find a write up on Esther. Coincidence? I don't think so. ;)
Your life is inspiring..thank-you!

Lisa said...

LOVED this-

"I've decided after beginning my study of Esther & watching {The Bachelor} last night that today's world/society isn't too far off from the rule of King Ahasuerus & Queen Vashti."

So true. So very, very true.

You make me laugh. You make me cry. You inspire and provoke thought and I am so very glad I found you (and your blog)!

Shine on! (and three cheers for the sunshine!- hip, hip, horrah!)

Anonymous said...

Your "this" and "that" are always so thought-provoking!!
Another good post!
I (Heart) you, too!

Amy Tolar said...

Thank you so very much for the birthday wishes. You truly are a gift, and I am so thankful every day that God brought us together.

Hugs to you, friend!
Amy

Sweet Blessings said...

How do you do it??? OH, wait I already know the answer...YOU have been annointed by God to do just what you are doing...journaling life, living it to the fullest, and shining for HIM in every way possible :D I SO LOVED this post! Influence on my friend, influence ON! Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin