January 13, 2010

blue sky and phone poles.

I left school on time yesterday ... actually, a little early.

The sun was shining and the sky was blue.

Finally.

No fog.

I counted the phone poles along the way.

19. {I think}

Mason had a rough time greeting his mom with a smile {or any sort of a good attitude} from Deb's ... and so about 16 phone poles into my count I parked the car, opened his door, and helped him out of the car.

I got back in the car and drove the rest of the way down our {straight} {fog-less} road.

He walked the rest of the way home.

................................

We had 5 babies yesterday while we were gone.

Great news, but a lot of work {after work} for all of us.

Our c-section cow still isn't producing much milk. Like {none}.

And so ... bottles are made & fed ... and carried ... and cleaned ... and well, bottle babies are a lot of work.

But they're cute. :)

And mama's of new babies ... well, they don't like Ian so much ... but so far, none have tried to kill him.

..................................

My wonderful mother-in-law continues to paint, and stain & paint some more.

Bless her and her creative, artistic soul.

We love her.

She folded laundry, tapped the paint cans closed and started on my menu for dinner.

Meatloaf, potatoes and salad.

This is the first January that we've had dinner together and then not said goodbye to Ian {as he heads to the camp trailer} in 2 winters.

Dinner at {home} is priceless.
....................................

The look of our home changes daily.

Yesterday was the first day we've been without fog since we moved in.

It was a glorious sight.

And I was actually home in the {daylight} for an opportunity to take pictures of our home and its goodness {without flash} ... but the cows and calves called.

I promise this weekend {because it's a longer one than usual ... and we're actually going to have vinyl and carpet to step on by the end of next Monday} I will take pictures of the transformation.

The transformation of our 1979 Marlett home {built on a full basement} ... with paneling from floor to ceiling in every room ... to what it is today in 2010.

Ours.

With a view that seems to make the bare walls and sub-flooring hardly noticeable.

.............................

And, because I did have my camera with me yesterday ... here are some random shots ...













.......................................

Smiles, mud, blue skies and baby calves.

It seems to make the {tough} stuff disappear. At least for a while.

15 comments:

Katarina said...

Those are some great pictures. I have to smile at you and Mason, mostly because it mirrors Anthony and I so perfectly. I read your stories of him and you and I have no choice but to laugh, cuz I've been there!

Praying this is a wonderful weekend, filled with laughter, love and the wonder of watching a house transform into *yours*.

Glad that the fog has lifted, sunny skies always make the days seem better!

Sarah said...

I feel for your c-section mama with no milk! After my c-section with my son, it took about 5 days for the colostrum to turn to milk. He was a hungry, hungry boy! I hope she gets some soon because bummer babies are truly a bummer! :-)

Can't wait to see pictures of your house. My parents' 1978 Marlett looks as nice inside as any stick-built of that age. Elbow grease and love can do wonders! :-)

Hope you're having a great week!

Darcy said...

So happy for your great day yesterday...and for the many great days to come!

Kristie said...

Yeah for new babies and CLEAR skies!!

Jenny Estes said...

I'm glad you love your new home! Can't wait to watch it all unfold, into (your own little piece of paradise)

Sweet Blessings said...

So smiling as I invision the "walk home"...don't you just wonder what thoughts were happening for the "walker" :D Great shots of your family...I'm thinking Ian is enjoying all the muck about as much as we are....thank goodness for your new muck room! Most of all...so thankful that you take time to be real and share this amazing journey God is taking you on! Home...it's truly the BEST place to be! Sweet blessings!

ShelliGib said...

Love the part about the "walk home" ha!! Good work Mom! Can't wait to see the house photos, sounds like you guys have been one busy family!!

shara said...

i must tell you my jaw hit the desk when i was reading and you said at pole 16 you let mason out of the car! sometimes the best way to change one's attitude is to just give them {and maybe even yourself} a little breathing room! i'm sure he had a different attitude when he got to the house~ so glad you were able to come home in the light of day {yeah warmer weather and the sun shinning}! can't wait to see your new home and the view! i'm jealous already... have a great day my friend!

Shelby-Grace said...

I hope you have an amazing weekend ahead of you! One where you can enjoy those around you and settle into your new surroundings.

Can't wait to see how you've transformed your new house into your new home!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you - dropping your son off and letting him walk his poor mood off. I remember my mother doing that to my brother and I when we fought on the way home. By the end of the walk, we'd be amicable again!

Work hard this weekend - we cannot wait to see the transformation! Wish we could be bringing you some extra hands for the weekend.

And yahoo to all the calves you've had!

Stacey said...

Sun and blue skies is such a wonderful thing! Can't wait to see your view!!!

Renegades said...

Don't new babies and blue skies just help everyone's attitude?

Kerry said...

Love the expressions on Mason's face! :-)

Lisa said...

Boy howdy. Sometimes I could use a good walk home ;)

Love the story.

Love the lesson.

Sorry about the cow.

Lovin' you lovin' your new {home}!!!

B.R. said...

I love your new banner :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin