The scarf and my favorite long sleeve shirt ... and the two pairs of jeans that fit {just right} were still missing.
Every evening after school I had searched with no luck of finding any of the missing items.
{they must be together. they have to be. but where?} played in my mind over and over and over again.
Friday evening I entered the garage and flipped on the light. All of the boxes had been opened. Not one left untouched. I stood and stared. They have to be here. They just have to.
I flipped the light off and walked back upstairs and into the closet in our bedroom. Boxes stacked one on top of another. Again, not one untouched.
And then I walked to the sliding glass door. I had already looked through the boxes that were stacked, but then I saw it.
A garbage bag piled with the scraps of molding and tattered curtains.
I forgot about the cold and rushed out the door.
I ripped the bag open and there were my {things} ... the scarf, my favorite jeans, my white long sleeve shirt, my mittens ... and a few other things.
Unbelievable.
A bag that looked to be trash ... but really was treasure.
Lost.
And now found!
....................................
Some of the things, people and places that are most important to us, we throw to the side every day - without even realizing it.
There are things, people and places that seem unimportant at times or seasons. Unimportant, until they're gone.
Multitudes of many.
Those people, places and things that make your life {yours}...
12. red paint {with a tint of orange}.
13. a {first time ever} to PF Changs and learning about chopsticks.
14. Christmas songs {after Christmas}.
15. BUNCO ... and losing at it ... but winning a prize ... and some new friends.
16. base boards, a nail gun, carpentry skills.
17. thank you notes.
18. wallpaper remover. {mine is my mother-in-law}
19. a Cattleman's dinner and old friends.
20. a night alone.
21. friends that love my boys as much as I do {well, almost}.
22. watching our cows calving from the window in the warmth of {home}.
23. split pea and ham soup, salad, homemade salad dressing, jello, brownies ... and friends to enjoy dinner with.
24. chicken wire, brown ribbon, barn wood, a jean jacket, and laughter.
25. a {mom} that loves to paint & has {the eye} for color!
26. The Love Dare. It's working!
27. the word {influence} and all the thinking I've been doing about it.
28. Go, Tell it on the Mountain!
....................................
Sometimes life is so wrapped up in {things} that you can't see straight ... and then suddenly ... it becomes about a whole lot more than {things} ... and you realize how {much} you really have!
.........
pictures of {home} will be here soon. I promise.
8 comments:
I wish I could write like you. at least you put into words the things I think and feel, or want to feel. love you.
lol. I am trying to do the love dare and finding myself really bad at it! who knew I was so spoiled. there was NO way on God's green earth I was gonna get daniel to tell me ONE thing- not even one thing -I do that annoys him. love him. I do.
smart man.
too bad I make it unsafe to mention such a thing, ha ha!!!
Moving is such a pain, but once settled in things seem to straighten out.
Glad you found your just right jeans.
Have a fantastic evening!
so happy you found your "things", but more importantly that you were able to rediscover the real "things" in your life. you are a blessing and deserve the best life has to offer. may you have a wonderful week and are able to discover many new and exciting "things" that will change and enrich your life...
so glad that you have found your missing "stuff"!!
and YEAH for the goodness that surrounds us when we take the time to really see it!!
Happy day to you!!
Amen to everyone else's posts ..... that say just what I wanted to say! :-)
So glad the "lost" is found :-)
Great, thought-provoking, beautifully written post! It made me think about things we consider "trash" that are really "treasures"! Somehow, I think as much as we jump for joy & yell with excitement when we find our "lost" things...HE must really know how to celebrate when His lost are found!!! So smiling at your gratitude list :D GOD is sooo GOOD! May this week be filled over & over again with His GOODNESS !!! Sweet blessings!
Such a silly comfort to find some fav clothes!! Glad things are going well.
What a wonderful lesson! Not all "trash" is at it appears. Treasures may lurk there. So glad I stopped in....
Post a Comment