March 30, 2010

He chose me.



I continue to learn so much about myself as I tackle motherhood.

5+ years into this adventure with my boys and I still find myself speechless at times.

Speechless because somehow, someway I was given the amazing responsibility to raise two beautiful {handsome} boys.

God chose me.

He chose me to be the book reader, teeth brusher, laundry folder, hug & kiss giver, cookie maker, tear wiper, potty trainer, prayer lifter ... and so much more ...

Some days I'm not cut out for it.

Some days I am.

But you know what ... every day I am blessed.

Blessed by the opportunity.

Blessed by the challenge.

Blessed by my boys.

And as I continue to tackle one day at a time on this roller coaster of a ride called {mom} ... I know God will give me all that I need to make their life meaningful, peaceful, honorable, and treasured.

........................................

I've been thinking about Mary today.

Mary.

Mother of Jesus.

I pray I can be a mother like her.

A mother knowing that her son was not her own.

A mother knowing that her son would make a difference.

A mother knowing that God called her to be the mother of her son for a reason.

A mother knowing that life is short.

A mother knowing that He who began a good work would complete it.

A mother that can deal with heart-wrenching days knowing it is for a greater cause.

.............................

I am not mother to Jesus, but I can still respond to God's calling in my life as a mother to Mason and to Mack as Mary did.

Luke 1:46-55

Oh, how my soul praises the Lord.
47 How my spirit rejoices in God my Savior!
48 For he took notice of his lowly servant girl,
and from now on all generations will call me blessed.
49 For the Mighty One is holy,
and he has done great things for me.
50 He shows mercy from generation to generation
to all who fear him.
51 His mighty arm has done tremendous things!
He has scattered the proud and haughty ones.
52 He has brought down princes from their thrones
and exalted the humble.
53 He has filled the hungry with good things
and sent the rich away with empty hands.
54 He has helped his servant Israel
and remembered to be merciful.
55 For he made this promise to our ancestors,
to Abraham and his children forever.”

.........................

Mary.

An example to follow.

6 comments:

Brooke said...

I wish we could all be more like her. Wouldn't that be something?! Being a mom is hard, so much harder than I ever gave my mother credit for...but man it is worth every moment!!!

Sweet Blessings said...

What a GREAT Post...and what a great picture of a Mom to model yourself after!!! Your boys are blessed....SO.BLESSED! Sweet blessings!

Kerry said...

BEAUTIFULLY written!!!
Don't know what else to say ...... I'm so proud of you and thankful that God gave me you (and Kirsten) to raise for Him.

Katarina said...

thanks, I love the perspective on this post.

ShelliGib said...

Nice post! I always think of Mary at Easter. The emotions she must have went through that week, it must have been unbareable! Interesting how we as mothers can find that some times are also almost unbareable to us as well, but if we put our trust in the Lord we manage through.

Anonymous said...

Somehow I've come back to read this post again and again this week. This MOVED me......and by working in the field of (in)fertility, it makes me wonder about the lengths (hopeful) parents go through bring a baby home with them - somehow they find a way to make sure God smiles down on them, too. I can just picture a room full of (hopeful) parents raising their hands, waiting to be called on by God, wondering why their time hasn't come yet, not understanding the painful journey they've been taking. I can't tell you how many times I've thought of your post this week and I'll continue thinking of it every time someone calls me to let me know their own little baby has been born. Thank you!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin