5:30 a.m.
Monday, March 29th, 2010
......................
It’s quiet.
The fog rolled up the canyon sometime after the rain stopped during the night.
I started Ian’s coffee for him this morning.
Not a practice common to my daily routine.
Neither of us slept that well, and Mack joined us sometime around three this morning.
I should have just gotten up, but somehow his sweet little hand on my cheek made the next two hours perfect.
It’s yet the beginning of another season for us.
10 more weeks of school.
Spring.
And hopefully a lot of rain.
I don’t normally pray for an abundance of rain, but we need it ... therefore, I’ve been on my knees praying for rain.
I also don’t make it a habit to countdown how many days are left of school, but I do know that our last trimester has started, and we still have a lot to learn. Bring on the fun and bring on the next 10 weeks.
Spring is one of my favorite seasons … and I have not one bulb blooming at my new home. Go figure.
I'll be busy next fall.
...............................
The past ten days have been sent straight from heaven.
Our {stay-cation} was filled with adventure, friendship, and even a picnic or two … or five.
The days that could have been spent rushing here and there were quiet.
The moments that made my heart smile over and over again were right here at {home}.
And although I caught myself dreaming of the beach and the zoo at least once, I knew that {home} was where we needed to be.
The past ten days were spent soaking up hugs and sunshine.
They were restful.
They were filled with books and a cookie or two.
They were filled with walks and even a lunch date too.
They were what a break should be.
Note to self: you don’t have to leave to find just what you need.
But …
They have not been days without struggle or frustration.
They have not been without tears.
They have not been without prayers for patience.
Because no matter where those days away from routine are spent or how the time is filled … life still happens.
The bills still come.
The boys still fight over the same tractor and trailer.
The cows don’t feed themselves.
There are anxious moments.
There is miscommunication.
And … there is this unfailing, powerful, mercy-filled love.
Praise God for that kind of love.
There is nothing quite like it.
Nothing at all.
.................................
And starting with the most recent ...
Karl's branding.
Praying that your past 10 days have been blessed with an abundance of mercy-filled love that only Christ can give - even when we don't deserve it.
................................
** and the multitudes are too many to count ... I should have kept track, but didn't ... so ... I promise they'll continue next week.











9 comments:
Sounds wonderful! Praying that the blessings and restfulness will continue through this week for you.
I should have had a stay-cation!
Love the pictures...the way Mack has his hand folded is so cute, he looks patient.
So smiling at all the ways GOD is blessing you daily! And, I LOVE the photos...(I'm pretty sure Karl will too :D)! Praying that the next 10 weeks bring daily blessings of peace, joy, love & goodness! Sweet blessings!
I so love your view of the world - thank you for sharing it.
And these pictures are great - I especially like the one of Mack in the feed truck - and Mason looks so tall in the one by himself!
I love that your stay-cation was filled with normal every day living! Bills, boys, laughter, hugs, time to read and time to enjoy your many blessings! I pray that the next 10 weeks of school are filled with lots of learning and enjoyment!(I'll also pray that your naughty ones will behave better than ever and your sweet ones will shine brighter than the sun!)
Glad you had a fun break and got to have picnics!! How fun! Love the banner - that is so great and perfect for Easter.
Love the term "stay-cation" ...... I know it was best that you did that even though getting "away" is tempting.
Love you Linds
Wonderful! Sounds so relaxing. I love your posts. :)
Linds~so glad you enjoyed your "stay-cation"! Sounds like it was just about perfect :)
Love you!
Post a Comment