I was either climbing straight up with all the strength I could possibly muster up ... or I was hanging on for dear life as the ground seemed to be sliding right out from under me.
I knew challenge was good.
but ... I didn't want to sink into despair if/when I failed.
Yet ... somehow {flat} didn't seem like the answer.
That path that just stays solid, unchanging, and never winding or forking just didn't seem to be a part of what I knew as {life}.
Or was it ?? ...
I started writing down the multitudes of greatness in my life earlier this year and wouldn't you know it ... those areas, moments, and whispers from God suddenly seemed to be the {flatness} my life truly needed.
The flatness that has made the mountains a little less steep ... and the valleys a little less deep.
The flatness that has brought strength in its power to hold fast and firm to where it's planted.
The flatness that has provided mercy and grace and forgiveness.
The flatness that holds everything together.
The flatness that just is.
And as I read back through the previous {multitudes of much} in just this year alone ... I watch my life unfold ... and I see that flat isn't such a bad thing.
...............................
My friendship with Allison has been flat.
We've cruised through the past 30 years as friends.
Best of friends.
Friends that don't change.
Friends that climb mountains and sit in valleys together.
Friends that know when to talk and when to listen.
Friends that tell it like it is.
Friends that are everything you need right when you need it.
................................
Flat.
Doesn't sound like much of a word ... especially when you look up the definition.
Doesn't have that {pizazz} that it should.
Because flat ... well, it's way more than boring, and spiritless in my world.
Flat means you're there ... for the long haul.
.......................................
Meet Allison.
The friend I've had for almost 30 years ... and the friend I know is proud to be {flat} with me.
.............................
231. Pioneer Woman. {in real life}
232. an advocate for Eastern Oregon women in a long line.
233. sunshine. {it just does the body good}
234. rain. {so needed}
235. a train whistle coming up the canyon late at night.
236. memories shared, tears, and a life remembered.
237. tulips that just make the world brighter.
238. art projects and aliens ... there is nothing better than watching kids {create}.
239. tacos. I LOVE tacos. I could eat them every. single. day.
240. laundry done, floors mopped, and dinner ready to go.
241. worship.
242. dinner together, board games, cards and friends.
243. a garden of our very own.
244. a few more freckles and a little bit of a sunburn.
245. monster cookies.
246. a camera to capture time.
247. a 30+ year old rototiller that works.
248. serious conversations and opportunities on the horizon.
249. seasons. what would life be like be without them??
......................................................
and the blessings continue ...... mine .... and yours!







10 comments:
Allison has truly been a friend to you through the thick and thin ...... such a blessing to have friends like that!!!
What a treasure from God to have such a long-standing true friendship. Yours list is beautiful and has been a blessing to read. The pictures are icing on the cake. So cute. :)
:) So smiling that God has blessed you with such a "flat" friendship! And, whooohooooo for your garden! Happy planting! Sweet blessings!
Tell Mason that I am very impressed with his photography .... the pictures of you and Allison are GRRRREAT!
The garden looks awesome! Happy week friend!
Yeah for good friends, a new garden and multitudes of blessings! Great thoughts too, friend.
so wonderful. i love these types of post. so very thought provoking and yet so simple. thank you. may you have a wonderful week. and love love love those cute little men! so cute~
The words that God places in your heart to share with the rest of us are so inspiring. Thank you for taking the time out of your busy life to share his wisdom with us. You are a blessing!
It was neat Allison could come to the farm and see the next chapter. She's pretty special.
Love your posts!! You remind me to focus on my much every. day.!!
Post a Comment