How did that happen?
I'm suddenly surrounded with a sea of children that I can claim as {mine} for a few hours every day.
The Dr.'s office is calling.
The meeting is still happening.
The kids are ready to learn.
....................................
Another day has arrived and whether or not I'm ready for it, it's here.
The wind is blowing.
Mason's fever is down.
Mack won't get out of his jammies.
The cattle truck pulled out of our driveway early this morning.
And I'm tired.
....................................
My class is getting covered this afternoon.
My notes are complete for the meeting I have after the dr. appointment.
And my students just shared some of the funniest stories using the handful of words I gave them.
Some of the funniest stories I've read all year.
They're growing.
They're becoming those kids that know that they {know it}.
They're sharing their personalities and aren't too worried about what their friends will think.
Putting yourself out there isn't always easy.
And sometimes you catch yourself talking instead of just thinking ... a little too late.
But that is what life is about ...
Learning how to be the best you there is ... and sharing it with the world.
The good and the bad.
..........................
Sometimes I wonder what it is I'm sharing ... or who I'm specifically sharing with.
And then I stop.
All that matters is that I'm sharing life.
Nothing less.
Nothing more.
Just life.
Shared.
.........................................
And so ... the blessings I find in the ordinary continue.
212. egg salad sandwiches with colored eggs.
213. friendship. the amazing way life just seems better because of one word.
214. OREO cookies on sale.
215. birthdays.
216. hula hoops and a husband who isn't embarrased to swing his hips.
217. The Help. (powerful, soul-stirring, real)
218. a church nursery overflowing with children.
219. baby lambs.
220. letting go of fear ... and going for it.
221. prayer warriors. on their knees on behalf of others.
222. vocabulary lessons with 2nd graders.
223. a reflection that you're proud to call your own.
224. shoes that fit.
225. a smile that greets me every morning ... I love you Ian.
226. an almost empty table at MOPS and the opportunity to just visit quietly.
227. roses. {the flower that makes the world just that much more beautiful}
228. prescriptions.
229. Little Steps. Paint. Scissors. Stories. and friends.
230. scrapbooks. pictures. {remembering where you've been ... and how far you've come}
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing...you, your family, your thoughts & friendship and this post. The pictures in this one are great!
That MR. of yours....he just makes me laugh! So warmed by the many blessings in this post...and so praying for good health for you family! May you spend a quiet evening all cuddled up, out of the wind! Sweet blessings!
Ian would KILL you if he knew you posted that picture ...... just let him know that I'm up for a Hula Hoop competition anytime he's ready! :-D
Oh Ian you rock!
Post a Comment