April 6, 2010

Time Out.


Have you found yourself there lately?

In that place where you're forced to face the choice you just made.

In that chair where time seems to move at the speed of darkness.

Tears.

Frustration.

A little anxiety thrown in the mix.

.......................................

Choices.

We're faced with them the minute our alarm clock goes off in the morning.

Do I hit snooze or not?

Do I shave my legs or not?

Do I wear green or brown again for the fifth day in a row?

Do I smile when my husband asks me to make the coffee? {that I don't drink}

Do I choose the boys clothes or do they?

Do I drive fast or slow?

Do I prep for the upcoming week or spend my lunch reading?

Do I react quickly or do I take time to think before I speak?

Do I stand firm or do I give in?

Do I go to the post office today or tomorrow?

Do I make dinner or pick something up on the way home?

...................................

Choices.

They're everywhere.

Some people are good at planning ahead and choices just seem easier.

Some people like pressure and choices are just part of the game.

Me ... well, I don't know if I have a specific way of how I deal with choices.

I know I think about choices all the time.

I know that I teach about choices every day.

I know I preach about choices over and over again.

And I know I try to model good, best, positive choices whenever I can.

But when it comes right down to it ...

I think there are moments of every day when I need to be the one in the chair instead of Mack.

Well, maybe not instead ... but definitely with him.

Because although I'm the mom, and the teacher, and the friend, and the inspiration ... my choices aren't always that great either.
...................................

Time out.

Maybe not such a bad thing to put myself in once and a while.

11 comments:

shara said...

so true... love your new blog look, although {at least on my computer} some of the text runs off the page. anyway, poor mack- his little red cheeks, hope he survived his "time out" and you have a great week my friend~

Anonymous said...

Choices - it sends us on the path of a very interesting life, doesn't it? And time-outs, doesn't everyone need one? I definitely needed one after this weekend's behavior....

B.R. said...

I find myself in time out from time to time..
..and what the heck?! why are there so many choices/consequences to decide?!!! :) keeps things interesting I guess..

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

This was the perfect post for me today. My girls have been in all sorts of time outs and had restrictions of every sort. So much that I have become convinced that it is us, the parents, who need to review our choices. Thanks for your words.

Darcy said...

What a great way to visualize how we make choices...love it! Thanks for this.

This picture of Mack (mad) cracks me up. He's so cute in his Easter outfit...love the boots!

Sweet Blessings said...

Choices.....I really need a time-out on that one...because I simply have the hardest time making a choice about anything :D But, if I was you...here's what I'd do....I would not shave my legs, wear the same color for the fifth day in a row, and definitely go to the Post Office tomorrow :D Why is it always easier to make choices for someone else :D I love you..and your great gift of thinking outside the box! Happy Wednesday....may it be filled with many, many Sweet blessings!

Farmchick said...

Just stopping by to say hi. :) Loved this post.... Hope things are going well for you. Stop over for a visit soon. :)

~Tania

Katarina said...

there are days when i definately need a time out for the choices i make!
I really like your new blog look btw!

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

okay so this is one of my fav posts! the pic is cute, the thoughts true, the challenge totally "there", relate-able, honest, so you.

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Love this Lindsay. I've been needing a time-out lately. :)

And that Mack...I can't believe how big he is! So cute.

Courtney and the Boys said...

Time-outs are always a good thing, no matter your age! :) Love the tie...I got the same one for Lane a couple of weeks ago! Hope you're well!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin