March 14, 2011

"better than I deserve."

303. the safe feeling I have dropping Mason off at school.
304. a clean classroom – even if it is only for a few more minutes.

307. Mc Teacher’s night and the beverage counter job.
308. shoelaces to untie, socks to remove … feet to breathe.
309. discipline to write in this journal every. single. day.

Romans 12:1
Take your everyday ordinary life – your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life – and place it before God as an offering.

312. “better than I deserve” ... my new response to {how are you?}

315. a hot shower and plenty of water.
316. Starbucks paid for by the person in the car in front of me.
317. enough $ to pay for the person in the car behind me.
318. watercolors and rainbows.


320. warm PJ’s and a couch to lay on.

322. a phone that doesn’t ring very often – I enjoy quiet. Surprising.
323. eyes that need to rest – so thankful that I can see.
324. the “other” box from Cabelas.
325. coloring contests.

329. a “slower” morning with most of my class. what a difference it makes to have 4 less kids.

333. powerful and meaningful words recommending another teacher in the making.
334. spell check.
335. a picture of Whitey sent from Molly … the cow that everyone can’t help but love.
336. “time” to do grades and a quiet classroom.
337. conversations to help me get the bigger picture.
338. commitment, dedication and habits worth keeping.

340. temperatures above 60 and bits of sunshine.
341. the ability to read.

“Don’t see today as a blank page that you need to fill up. Live it! I have lovingly and carefully planned this day for you. Be on the lookout for what I am doing. Ask Me to show you the wonders of this day.”   March 10, Jesus Calling

342. grandma’s rice pudding baked in my new oven. Blessed.
343. praise for a well written letter.
344. a home filled with so much … much more than we could ever possibly need.

351. breakfast for dinner and “help” cleaning up.
352. fair winds and following seas. I love that line.

“To be more like Paul – to have a full heart even when deprived of creature comforts, rather than an empty heart while surrounded with (but oblivious to) abundant blessings." Choosing Gratitude, pg. 878.

354. listening ears.
355. a high five over the phone and several via facebook.
356. inspiration and desire surging through my blood to actually make things work and work well.
357. a phone call from my principal and a sincere apology.

359. time taken to write words of thanks to the teachers in Echo.
360. 2 hours of driving through God’s beautiful “cattle country” and time to just be.
361. dinner at Subway – very late, but very perfect.

365. a teacher resource at my fingertips and wonderful ideas to support my efforts.

369. birthday cookies and extra recess.

372. a view I love so very much.
373. trail mix and the tiny bits of goodness it holds.
374. help from Jess.

377. a razor – new and sharp – smoothing the legs that hold me up – that help me stand firm.
378. a bubble bath.
379. the story of Sampson.
380. Ava’s 3rd birthday.

383. clean bathrooms and all signs of “boys” wiped away.

386. opportunities to ask for forgiveness and the reminder … over and over again … I cannot do this life without Him.
387. You have to want to see the well before you drink from it. – Ann Voskamp
388. We don’t have to change what we see – only the way we see. Feel thanks and it’s absolutely impossible to feel angry. We can only experience one emotion at a time. And we get to choose – which emotion do we want to feel? – Ann Voskamp

390. A book that speaks directly to my soul.
391. a nap. a really great nap.

The secret to joy is to keep seeking God where we doubt He is!

392. hurt and the ability to see past it toward love.

399. dedication of the new wing of our church … May God move in and through those walls.

401. perspective and the power our choices have to influence us – for good and for bad.

404. Lisa and the freedom to cry in the middle of the boys clothing section at WalMart.
405. thank you notes … notes of encouragement delivered.
406. groceries unloaded by JP, Leland, Cain and Calgary at the start of a terrible wind storm.
407. talking eye to eye & heart to heart with Ian ... hearing what I needed to hear – and feeling what my heart needed to know as truth.

412. clean boys, tired boys, loved boys.

8 comments:

Kerry said...

God is at work ..... and you have blessings listed that confirm it!!!
Blessed to have you as my daughter :-)

Leslie Young said...

Just came over here from Ann's...I can't read all of the links, but I try to read a few each week. I love your list! Inspiring! Thanks for sharing. (I have a super-soft spot for teachers - so, thanks for that also!)

shara said...

love your list of good things...

Sweet Blessings said...

:) I see and read God working all over the place in your heart, family, & Life..and it simply makes me smile! Happy Tuesday sweet friend! Love you~ Sweet blessings!

charis said...

thank you for touching my heart this morning. i used to be a teacher before having 4 kids in the past 7 years... i especially appreciated: "383. clean bathrooms and all signs of “boys” wiped away. since mine are all boys." blessings!

Crystal said...

You have such a gift for writing, Lindsey! Your posts on the storm are so poignant. Your list of gifts speaks to my heart as a teacher and as a woman. May your week be full of lovely rainbows and God's sun shining over each day!

Craig said...

Even though it’s Tuesday I needed more gratitude so I just came over from Ann’s.

First – thank you for the reminder – my life as an offering – amen.

And as for my favorite – because even in hurt there is God’s hand for his children, even in the tempest a light on the shore to ligh the way home - 392. hurt and the ability to see past it toward love. {smile}

God Bless and keep you and all of yours

Stacey said...

I love this!! I decided to try and count my blessings more for Lent.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin