March 8, 2011

kneeling down.


it's something I do almost every day in my classroom.

kneeling down to tie a shoe.

kneeling down to see eye to eye.

kneeling down to pick up the scattered papers and pencils strewn.

yes ... I kneel down a lot.

but...  the more I ponder God's grace and mercy and unending love ... the more I realize that my kneeling down can be so much more than what it is (or what it has been).

 ................................

kneeling down  ...  a reminder to cry out for help.

kneeling down  ... a reminder to ask for forgiveness.

kneeling down ... a reminder to worship.

kneeling down  .... a reminder to pray.

kneeling down ... a reminder to love.

.....................

so as I catch myself kneeling down over and over and over again each day ...

in my classroom,

on the playground,

in the bedroom of two little boys I love so much ...

mopping up spills,

cleaning the grime,

putting clothes away ...

wherever my knees may take me,

may I always and easily remember the power a minute or two {down} really has.

2 comments:

Kerry said...

Thanks for the reminder that : on bended knee is where the power begins :-)

Sweet Blessings said...

Amen! Thanks for reminding me to NOT let my praying knees get lazy :) Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin