February 9, 2012

Dear 7 year old driver,



Dear Mason,

Your dad has complete faith in you.  He has shown you what to do, let you practice, and is now letting you give this {driving} thing a go.  He is trusting and patient ... and I'm so thankful for that.  I think {I know} you are too.  You can barely see over the dash without sitting as far forward as possible, but when you sit on the edge of the well-worn seat, it's "just right."

Thank you for being determined and courageous.  Thank you for wanting to learn.  Thank you for giving us reason to trust you enough to stand on the back of the pickup you're driving and know that everything is going to be fine.

I'm not quite ready for you to hit the open road yet, but you're well on your way to a successful feed-truck driving future. 

Cheering you on with pride,

Mom

P.S.  Don't tell your friends or your teacher that you drive - your dad and I may get in trouble.


6 comments:

Darcy said...

I love this! Especially the "don't tell your teacher" part. :)

Katarina said...

Way too go!!

Sweet Blessings said...

Love it...and so know that this "cow life" ..it's in his blood..and so always going to be who he is!!! Sweet blessings!

P.S. And, I hope when he's in high school I can hire him out to do "cow work" at my house!!!

Deb said...

I was going to say yesterday "it should be about time for Mason to be driving the feed truck".

Suzie said...

I love Mason's co-pilot.

jenny said...

Great job Mason. During the time Justin was laid up, Cid and I became professional feeders. I'd drive the tractor and she'd flake off the hay...1 tiny flake at a time!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin