March 2, 2012

Dear John Deere toys,

This thank you note is long over-due and should have been written at least 4 years ago. I'm not even sure how to even begin to thank you for the endless joy you've given my boys, but I'm going to attempt it the best I know how because late is better than never.
When I think of you, the first word that comes to mind is LOVE.  I bet you were thinking I would say fun, or green, or maybe even expensive (grin), but the word I'm choosing is LOVE.

{Loving Well} isn't always easy, but it is easy when the synonym for you is JOY. I spent the last few days at a retreat/conference thinking a lot about {love} and when I got home and found these pictures - all I could think of was JOY.
JOY mixed in with a whole lot of LOVE and TRUST.
My boys trust you and so do I.  We trust you to hold up against all odds, and when you look at the attached photos, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.  Even though you're made of plastic, you're still hanging in there - putting up with anything and everything they dish out and allowing us to love you the best we know how.

Most kids would have given up on you long ago, but not mine.
Most parents would have sent you to {john deere heaven} long ago, but not us.
Love is a lot like that ... not giving up and not packing up when the world tells you that you should.

My boys do not know life without you and I pray they never will.
You've been well loved, well used, well respected, and well thrashed (for a lack of better words) during their little lives and there are still many years left to go.  

Thank you for the excitement, the adventure, and the joy you bring.  You are irreplaceable!
May you see the JOY written all over these photos, and may you feel the LOVE Mason & Mack have for you - and for the life they live.












Your motto says it best: "Nothing runs like a deere" ... and even when there seems to be little life left in you, and you're falling apart at the seams, - you're still running and you're still well loved.

Run on & love well green friends of mine ~


Lindsay

3 comments:

Kerry said...

You need to send a copy of this post to John Deere, Inc. They may pay you for your testimonial :-)
Looking at these pictures brings back another memory of Mason driving the Buck or Gator with Mack being towed in his wagon :-)
Their little minds are always coming up with some creative way to get around the ranch! :-)
Great, Great Post!!!

Darcy said...

Love! In so many ways! Praying you had a great weekend yourself!

Sweet Blessings said...

Green....totally is worth the price you pay for it....whether it is tractors or gates & squeeze chutes :) Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin