March 12, 2012

Sarah Young.

Dear Sarah,

I've never met you, but oh how I think it would be fun if we could chat over an ice cold lemonade on a warm day in June on my back deck.  I'd share my view with you, and I'd soak up every ounce of wisdom you had to offer.
You've written a book I carry with me everywhere.  I'm usually reading it from a small {second grade} chair in my classroom during lunch, thanking God for just the right words to get me through the rest of my day.
I wonder if you know what you mean to so many?  God has used you in remarkable ways & the words He's given you to share with your readers are {just right}.
Today's entry was titled {three little words} and they have carried me through the day.  I read them in the dark morning as I tried so hard to embrace daylight savings time.  It was a struggle, but I'm glad I found page 75 in front of me.

Three little words:  Trust.  Wait.  Hope.
They're all connected - and they also connect me to Him.

You write:
 "Each day, choose to trust Me and My way more than you trust yourself."
I think:
{deep sigh} ... HARD.  but necessary Lindsay - so necessary.
You write:
"Wait on me.  I will answer your prayers, but it will be in My own perfect time.  If you say "I trust you" but you keep trying to make things happen right away then you are not really trusting Me.
I think:
{another deep sigh} ... Help me Lord.  help me to wait.
You write
But wait with hope.  Don't just wish for My answer; expect it!
I think:
{sigh of relief} I can do this.  I can.  Expect greatness to unfold Lindsay, because it will.  It really will.

I'm seeking to know Jesus, Sarah!  Hoping to shine for Him.  Waiting for his goodness and provision that I know is right around the corner - and you're helping me with this little book I carry to and from my home and school more than you'll ever know.

Thank you for {Jesus Calling} ... His words via you.  I'm cheering you on and thanking you as you make a difference in the lives of many - but mostly mine.

~ Lindsay

1 comment:

Sweet Blessings said...

Love this post..and so NEED to order that book! Wishing you many answered prayers in God's time :) Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin