March 28, 2012

my look-alike.

Dear Mom,
I don’t remember a time in my life when I haven’t been told how much I look like you, act like you, and resemble everything about you.  We have similar mannerisms, the same desire to make others laugh and be happy, and a love for life that is contagious.  The older I get, the more I appreciate the resemblance – in fact I’m proud of it. 
Kirsten captured us trying to be coordinated enough to play a game for kids – and as I pulled the pictures up on my computer screen, I couldn’t help but laugh.  In fact, I’m still laughing.
Thanks for looking and acting just like me.  There’s no one I’d rather imitate or look just like than you.
Your look-alike legacy,
Lindsay





7 comments:

Darcy said...

Two beautiful ladies!

Mrs. G said...

I love that second picture of the 2 of you! The same stance, same laughing smile, same twinkle in your eyes - perfect!

Anonymous said...

You are both so blessed to have one another in each other's life. :)

Sweet Blessings said...

What a sweet post to your Mom :) And, so, so smiling that you are blessed to be "just like her"!!! Sweet blessings!

Renegades said...

What a great person to be like. Aren't mom's great!

Crystal said...

You do look alike - I see the same smile, the same hand movements and the same twinkle in your eyes! You've written her a lovely letter :)

Kerry said...

Lovin' it, too!!!! :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin