Dear boys,
I've looked through these pictures several times since I took them. Every time I do, a whole bunch of emotions spring to the surface. Emotions and feelings like appreciation, hope, fear, worry, peace, and honor.
I don't know what your future holds - in fact I don't know even know what tomorrow holds - and neither do you.
In some ways I wish I did, but in most ways, I'm glad I don't. Trying to make plans 'for' God just never seems to work out quite right.
You see, I've always had a great respect for those who have fought and served for our country, and those that still are today, but there is a little ounce of my flesh that hopes and prays your future has nothing to do with bombs, or airplanes, or parachutes, or navy ships, or tanks.
You loved climbing through this PBY on the base at Whidbey, & were especially taken with the control panels & the guns. Go figure.
The whole experience was a ton of fun & a great opportunity for you to see yourself inside a plane ... as a pilot or maybe even a gunman.
And the more I think about that day, I know that I want to make you this promise ...
I'm not going to spend your childhood worrying about what you may or may not do in the future.
Instead, I'm going to capture moments where maybe, just maybe, you're dreaming.
With love & respect for who you're becoming ~
Mom
4 comments:
What great captures of your boys faces as they take it all in..and dream forward! Sweet blessings!
Love your outlook Linds ..... God has great plans for our sweet boys ..... we can trust Him to lead them and we'll encourage them in their dreams!
No one could have said it better than you did right here - hoping that as a parent, you won't spend your child's childhood worrying about what your child may or may not do in the future. That's a hard one, and I'm sending prayers for you! I think every parent could work on that a little. :) Hope you're enjoying your summer!
As I was reading this, my son walked by, glanced at the computer, did a double-take, gasped, backed up, and said, "You know them, Mommy?" He was smitten...and I agree with 100% of what you said. :-)
Post a Comment