













There is something magical about the beach.
The sound of the waves crashing on the sand.
The smell of the salty air.
The taste of clam chowder from Mo's.
The feel of the mist rising from the sea onto the shore.
The sight of a little boy loving life, smiling as he runs from the approaching waves and building sandcastles with his daddy.
We had a great weekend. It never seems to be long enough, but I've come to the realization that some is better than none. I can't say that it was totally rest & relaxation due to the fact our sweet boy doesn't really understand the "lazy naps and sleeping in" part of vacation...
but we made the most of it.
Thankful for the rain, the breaks of sunshine, turkey dinner with mom & dad, old war movies, and the beautiful Cape House.
Happy to be home!
Oh, and I thought it was so appropriate that I saw a total of 10 rainbows along the way... the 10th being here:
(I'm thinking they might pay me for this picture.)


14 comments:
Lindsay-
I'm thinking they should definately pay you! Okay, your description of the beach was so wonderful I really thought for a moment I was there.
... then I realized I'm stuck at school.:)
the picture of the three "men" with two backsides and Mason is really cute, glad you guys had a good time!
(by the way..you look beautiful!!)
So glad that youi guys had fun! I sure miss living so close to the ocean. Love the pictures!
Linds, great pictures and beautiful too!! Glad that you had a great time. I loved all of the pictures. I really thought the one of Mason in between the two was good, and the family picture is beautiful. Thanks for shaing the pictures.
Tanya
I love love love the Oregon Coast! So many great memories there as a kid! Can't wait to start sharing that with my boys!
Glad you had a good time! The pics are great as usual and love the rainbow shot!:)
Kristie
It was great to share time with you guys.....and the Oregon Coast is such a great setting!
You captured some great shots during the little "breaks between storms"!
xoxoo
There is just nothing like the beach! Great pictures. I wish I was there now!!
Love,
Katie
1. Awesome pictures.
2. I want to go to the beach.
3. You have one of the most beautiful families. Including Mom and Dad.
4. Ian looks SO, SO, SO different with a hat on. :) Happy Monday, glad you are back. I missed your posts!
Awesome Pictures. Love the one of him behind the grass and the picture with daddy and g-pa on each side of him! Did you plan that one?
Casino picture is classic!
I totally missed your blog this weekend! Happy you had a great weekend... fun fun fun photo's I agree with Shan... I love the grass one.. the little guy between the big guys... and pot at the end of the rainbow is so funny... I bet they would pay. LOL!!! Michelle
Once again, you have out done yourself with the photos and journaling...thanks!
I miss the ocean used to go there every year as a kid and haven't been for 6 years since my honeymoon cold really go for some mo's clam chowder right about now. hope fully this year well make it back with the kids I know nick would love it.
Linds, I am so glad you got to the beach...despoite your frantic phone calls to tell me that there were flood warnings, wind warnings, whatever warnings! Your photos show that you managed to eke out the good times that November at the Beach provides!
I am glad you like the Cape House. And, remember, we need new updated photos of you guys for the cabin.
Your folks and Mason is a great photo op! xoxoDonna
WOW - so it did turn out to be ok and not completely washed away! Neat to see that your parents were able to join you on vacation. Great job on the photos. Morgan Orem has a brand new baby brother today - his name is Mason! My Morgan was wondering where they got him at!
I just reread your blog and looked at the pictures. Remember when we took Mason for the first time and he ate the sand while we were trying to get him to sit and pose?
Post a Comment