You guessed it ... not one trick-or-treater at the Windy M!
Can you believe it?
All that candy... and now...WE HAVE TO EAT IT!
Actually - the real story goes something like this...
I had very good intentions of dressing Mason as a "cowboy"... but his little pants with fringe from Aunt Bryn didn't fit anymore and his hat had seen better days.
The more I thought about it, the more I just seemed to turn into a Halloween Scrooge.
I'd failed to do the "trick or treat training seminar" with him and didn't want him to embarrass himself. How could I send him into the cold, dark night without proper training on how to "beg" for candy?
It was way too cold to have him as a cowboy in capri pants and I don’t think his dad would have gone for that...so... we went with option # 2 – no costumes, no worries… just eating pizza & passing out candy to one of the busiest neighborhoods in town with our good friends John & Neely, Randy, Tammy, Roarke, Susan & Alexis.
Can you believe it?
All that candy... and now...WE HAVE TO EAT IT!
Actually - the real story goes something like this...
I had very good intentions of dressing Mason as a "cowboy"... but his little pants with fringe from Aunt Bryn didn't fit anymore and his hat had seen better days.
The more I thought about it, the more I just seemed to turn into a Halloween Scrooge.
I'd failed to do the "trick or treat training seminar" with him and didn't want him to embarrass himself. How could I send him into the cold, dark night without proper training on how to "beg" for candy?
It was way too cold to have him as a cowboy in capri pants and I don’t think his dad would have gone for that...so... we went with option # 2 – no costumes, no worries… just eating pizza & passing out candy to one of the busiest neighborhoods in town with our good friends John & Neely, Randy, Tammy, Roarke, Susan & Alexis.
Roarke & Alexis - The Little Lions!
It was fantastic! As Mason waited for the trick or treaters, (sitting atop the pumpkins on the porch) he seriously contemplated whether or not to actually give the candy away... again, he has had no training – really!

My son had turned into Simon Cowell of American Idol.
He carefully looked over each piece of candy and then each trick or treater ...sometimes the candy went into his pocket, sometimes he'd drop it in, and sometimes (I hate to admit), he'd even come out with a treat or two for himself... depending on his attachment to the candy or infatuation with the costume.
Honestly, it was fun just to watch him... can't say that he's not entertaining!!
All in all – it was a great Halloween!
We even got to see our friends "the Super Heroes" - check them out here: WINK
And Mason did...kind of, sort of, almost have a costume ...
maybe he's the next "drag queen" in dark sweats and high heeled boots ...
or...

Either way...
he's cute and he makes his daddy laugh!

9 comments:
Glad to see you all had a good time! Next year he will know what this is all about.
What a great picture of Ian and Mason!
hahahaha! That is VERY funny! :)
Seriously questioning my sanity as we were walking around the neighborhood with our super heros and freezing our tails off last night! I think the kids had more fun handing out the candy afterward then they did actually trick-or-treating! So maybe next year we dress up but just say home!;) Yeah right...that would be too easy!
Kristie
Linds, I am glad that it was a fun evening for everyone! I love the pictures of Mason. Especially the one in the high heeled boots. What a great one too, of he and his daddy.
I love those pictures, especially that last one of your little man and your big man! Sounds like you had lots of fun, great story!
How funny.
I have been checking back all day long to see Mason's costume... And, he didn't dress up. Sounds like you had a great time. I tried to talk my kids into going over to Grandmas house and handing out candy, instead of Trick-or-Treating, due to me freezing my bottom off... But they wern't having any part of giving up their Trick-ir-Treating. Oh' well... I lived and we had a fun time anyways! Hope you are having a great week!
Very cute post! And I am loving those boots Mason!
Love the "No training" Sounds like you had fun. That is what its all about. Enjoying your self in the company of family and friends. ~Mel
Post a Comment