9 am Friday morning:
After taking a moment of silence for the horrible happenings at VA Tech this week, the school day begins. I was at a meeting all day yesterday, so my “to-do” list is long, but I’m prioritizing rather than stressing - or at least trying to. I open my email and start jotting notes down about what people need help with and what I need to mark down on my calendar.
I visit with a few people, I fill out leave sheets for upcoming meetings, I answer the phone, I trouble shoot a computer...
There are so many of us that have “these kind of days” and I know I seem to be focusing a lot on day to day things this week, but that is what our days are made of. We all experience things that we weren't prepared for or weren't expecting... and we all figure out ways to deal with it. We all manage our time. We all do the balancing act as best we can. We all have day to day things… schedules, appointments, people, phone calls, emails, calendars, life. I think of my friends and family and co-workers... I know we all experience ups and downs, busy days, slow days, happy days, sad days, peaceful days, hectic days... we all experience life!
9:15 am Friday morning:
I open a message from Ronda… love this girl and her care, concern, and love for others!...
and once again, I’m totally in awe of Rebecca Sowers… (thanks for the forward Ronda)
I read what she writes and I smile.
I read what she writes and I think.
I read what she writes and I live.
She writes:
1) don't try to be someone you aren't. rejoice in who you are and be that person completely...there's a specific reason that you are the way you are.
2) remember that you will never never never ever catch up to your to-do list; it's infinite. So if you're one of those waiting to rest when you're caught up...stop right now! take a deep breath and go sit and watch the clouds for at least 15 minutes. you are not wasting time when you take a break to rest.
3) find a moment to appreciate how beautiful life is. I know this sounds a little hokey but it's oh so true. Does the quality of life matter so much as the mere presence of life? I think not.
Hmmmm…
10:15 Friday morning:
I am going to throw my to-do list for this weekend away. I’m going to. I really am.
… and, I’m going to save the big things for another day… because they are always, always there.
Happy weekend everyone.
Enjoy life.
Enjoy the small things.
Enjoy the unexpected.
4 comments:
Good for you Linds! Take time to enjoy life and to take care of yourself!
Thanks for sharing the Rebecca Sowers piece- it is a good reminder for all of us.
YaY! go for it girl! have fun, and good for you to keep your sanity for taking the time that we all need!
I don't think I'm ready to get rid of my list! For me it's not so much that I get everything done its just that I mark off a few things. I like to look at it on Sunday and see what I have accomplished, not so much what's left to do!:)
"There is no time like the present", they say, so.....live life in the present....expecting that each moment will be just what God wants for you. His purpose for you right now,Lindsay , is to take good care of yourself and the life growing within you...put up your feet and rest in His love!
Post a Comment