April 6, 2007

Spring


I love spring.
I love when my tulips pop open and the blossoms on the apricot tree start to open up.
I came home yesterday... the lawn was freshly mowed, the flowers were open - enjoying the sunshine, the colors were amazing! I felt so much love and gratitude as I sat in my pickup staring at my home.
Mason & I played outside for a while... then loaded up and headed to the vet. with Ian. I know that we have to be one of there best customers - not such a good thing - but thankful for each of them and the great friends they have been during the past few years.
Mason helped herd the bulls into the pen at the vet. with his own sorting stick and then played in the fenced area in the back for a good hour. I told Ian that I needed a small, fenced area like that at our house... it would probably save us a lot of money in the end... and I KNOW there wouldn't be as many trips to the Emergency Room.
Life is busy. The house is picked-up, but not "clean." I have the tax info sent to the accountant (nothing like waiting until the last minute). The calves are growing. The wheat is beautiful. The day to day chores are still there... what would life be like without them? The water is on. The grass is getting taller by the day. It's spring.


Mason & I are headed to my parents for the weekend.
Ian is A-Iing the registered cows and hauling pairs to spring pasture. (YAH!)
I wish we could all be together... but life just doesn't always work the way I think it should most of the time... and rather than be bitter - I've chosen to smile, look up, understand - even when I really don't, and be thankful.


It's Easter!!
Jesus came into this world before we were living in it;
He gave His life before we had ever committed a sin...
If He did that much for us before we were born,
Think of all He desires to bless us with now that we are here!
~ Roy Lessin ~
May your Easter be a time of fully enjoying His gift,
His blessings and His love for you!





Happy Birthday sweet Leslie - We love you!!

6 comments:

Becky said...

Gald to hear that Spring has Sprung at the Windy M. Can't wait to come out and visit again soon. Enjoy your weekend-

Anonymous said...

Spring is such a good reminder that life keeps going even when we feel like nothing is changing for the better....but God is always working behind the scenes on our behalf!!
I'm thankful for the message of Easter ...that "new life" is ours for the taking!
The fence in the yard is a good idea ....although Mason may start singing "Don't fence me in"! :-)
So excited that you are coming to spend Easter with us!
Safe travels!!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LESLIE!!
Your earrings are beautiful in these pictures!

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful Easter!

Love,
Katie

Tani Houk said...

Happy Easter Lindsay! Thanks for introducing me to this form of communication. It has been such a learning experience. My family and friends are beginning to visit my site. Too much fun. Have a great weekend and I'll see you on Monday.

Ronda said...

Happy Spring to you at the Windy M! The elk are coming down and messing in our yard again...soon we will see the little babies! Our "spring flowers", dandelions, have not bloomed yet...until then, I am enjoying your beautiful tulips!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin