I know it's not Saturday morning today, but in our world, vacation is like Saturday EVERY day... and instead of Kirsten or I helping prepare the meal, Mason got to help Papa Gary make Swedish Pancakes aka: Slinks. What a treat!
They're easy.
They're delicious.
They bring memories of Saturday mornings to mind each time I take a bite.
Thanks Dad for sharing this tradition that your grandmother Lydia started (with her pan packed in her suitcase wherever she went) so many, many years ago!
4 eggs.
1 cup of milk.
A pinch of salt.
1 tsp. of baking powder.
1 tsp. of sugar.
1/2 cup of flour.
Pour 1/4 cup into hot buttered pan, flip when golden, enjoy!
14 comments:
Enjoying this break to it's fullest arn't you?? ;) Mason seems really into it, ..where did the name "Slinks" come from? Looks like fun,as does the lunch date!
Can't wait for break - hurry up Tomorrow!!
Have a Merry Christmas
Enough with the vacation comments - it's disgusting! :-) I am glad that you are enjoying yourself, your kids and your parents! See you soon.
YUM!! Does he cater?!?!?;)
Enjoy, enjoy your "Saturdays"! Have the best time on your mini getaway!
What a fun Grandpa! Enjoy your time together :)
Sounds delicious! It is fun to pass down traditions!
What fun! great memories.
yum, yum, yum... Sounds perfect, I might have to try that our vacation! Mason looks so excited. What a lucky boy!
So, you know you have started a mini slink-making group of fanatics, right? You know we're all going to try these sometime over the break.
Personally, I can't wait - they sound delicious.
Have a great many "Saturdays" in a row, Friend!
Oh what memories indeed! Sounds delicious. Haven't had them in quite a while. I guess I should try them myself soon. See you Fri/Sat.
I LOVE Swedish pancakes! I grew up in a mostly Swedish congration in our Protestant church (lots of Andersons and Carlsons).
Such a wonderful and long family tradition to have and to document with such great photos!
Thanks for sharing G'ma Lydia's recipe too, you can bet I'll be trying this version in the next week or so.
Have a wonderfully blessed break. I'll finally picking up our Christmas cards tomorrow so be looking for our greetings later next week. :)
They were great!
What time is breakfast? :)
Mmm!! Sounds yummy!
Have a WONDERFUL vacation by the way! :o)
THis is sooo special! I love it! Your boys are so blessed to have such wonderful grandparents!
Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment