I've had an enjoyable week and a half just being at home, taking pictures, reading a book, defrosting freezers, marinating beef for kabobs, and keeping up with the laundry. My photography class continues to challenge me & has allowed numerous opportunities to continue to capture the "every-day" moments that I love. Seriously, I'm learning so much about my camera, but more importantly, I'm loving that my camera is providing amazing ways to tell the story of our life. The good, the bad, the smiles, the tears, the fun, the work ... it's all there & I continue to see this beautiful world in new and exciting ways.
Karen, the "teacher" for the course, has great quotes for every lesson {one lesson every week (M-F) for nine weeks}. Here are my two favorites at the moment:
"Where the focus of the photographer's mind is more on the way he is taking the picture than the reason for taking the picture at all, the result will fall short of what photography is supposed to be."
~ Robert Benton
"It doesn't matter if you take a great picture if no one knows what it's about."
~ Carl Mydans
I hope that my posts (even when they're just pictures) tell a story. Stories that shows love, gives glimpses of farm life, and most importantly, share the blessings and grace only He can give. And I pray that these "stories" are ones you enjoy as much as I do. It's not that I don't have tons {and I mean tons} to say, I guess I'm just approaching summer and life in general a little differently right now. Listen, don't just hear. See, don't just look. Capture, don't just watch.
And, did you know... that some of the greatest picture books of all times tell amazing stories without words.

Peace.
15 comments:
you are beautiful!:)
Love to you and your sweet boys!!
Its always good times with Ang and the boys!!
What a great way to spend the day Friends and Water.
I love to look at your stories they are Beautiful.
That last picture is a treasure!!!! Soooo cute!
Your life is a busy life..... but it's your life!!
Love it!
Your pictures are fantastic. I love the first one of Mack in the water. Looks like you are getting so much out of your class, I'm glad you took it.
Love this post.
You guys are so cute! What a fun day. Brandon said he would always slow down and look over to see if there were any cute girls sun bathing there when he would drive by... he missed out yesterday! =)
love those pictures of the kids in water!
It was such a great day!!!
that picture of you and your little cowboy is priceless!!!!
I see Ang is searching for more critters in the water. I was just thinking I needed to make a trip up there soon. Maybe we can all go when I get back.
I wont go by myself...i scared of Cougars, go figure.
Little boys playing in water is SUCH a dear sight! And the last picture is SO precious!!!!
I love going to Hilgard! And I seriously love the picture of you and Mason. Adorable!
I just love love love your posts with just pics! but I am a little prejudice since I am so smitten with those two boys!
Your pictures definitely tell a story and capture what's going on! Keep sharing!
I love those quotes too!
Wouldn't it be fun to share an afternoon together? I told Beth the next time she visited I wanted to come along!
I love the picture of you and Mason. Well... I love all of your pictures and your stories. Always a highlight... thanks!!!
Linds,
Another great post. I LOVE the picutre of you and Mason. It is my absolute favorite!!! This looks like a great way to spend an afternoon and it looks like all the boys had a great time in the water. Keep the posts coming
Oh, Linds! There are some framers here!! Beautiful!
Post a Comment