Well ~ today, my mom & I made a book to keep all the photos and cards & letters in. I used a small notebook, not much bigger than a 5x7, covered the front with paper and a simple embellishment. {I would love to be {fancy}, but time does not allow}. I then put a little leftover ribbon in the corner of the spine, punched holes in the cards, photos & letters, put a few that couldn't be punched in the inside pocket ... and it's done:
I also have some card-stock ready and waiting ... to add highlights, happenings, quotes, scripture & prayer requests for these wonderful people that we're so blessed to have in our lives.
Those pages will be added & treasured & prayed over as another year rolls by. {I can't believe it's almost 2009}
Now ... go make yourself a book too!
You'll thank yourself for it.



21 comments:
OK girlfriend! That is CUTE! I love that! Can't wait to see it in person. =) Love you!
Lindsay ..... your creative juices just flow, and flow, and flow ...... I thought it was great even before you added the embellishments!!
I'll have to find a notebook and make the effort that you did!
Was great spending a couple of days with you!
Love you so much!
OMG! This is exactly what I have been looking for to put our Christmas greetings in! Thank you! I love this idea.
Great idea Linds! What a creative, crafty girl you are!! I will have to make me one soon!
Love, hugs, and kisses!
Hi Lindsay-
I LOVE this idea...especially adding prayer requests and special quotes. You have such a beautiful blog and you're such a wonderful writer/photographer! I'd love to chat with you the next time we're in Prineville.
take care-
Lanny
(Jan Smith's daughter-in-law)
I love this! Way to cute! Happy 2009 to you:)
That is a great idea and very cute. Wish I was just as creative, but don't have it in me. Just add stuff to the refrigerator. I love your idea of putting scriptures and quotes in it. Enjoy your week.
You are absolutely AMAZING...I wish I could be half as creative as you are. Great idea!
LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've read your blog for a little while now, and I'm always inspired by your pictures and thoughts. This idea is really great and I can't wait to do one of my own!
Hope you have a wonderful new year!
Done is WAY better than fancy!;) It looks great!!
I am so excited about this idea!!!
Once again you have inspired me. I have sheepishly NOT sent out cards for the last two years. I know I should, I have always enjoyed this part of the season. I didn't even send out my new address. Anyway this post gives me the holiday mailing spirit.
I am going to get out all the cards and letters I have saved over the years, compile them, and update my address data base. Address change greetings are in order!
Oh' My Gosh, Oh' My Gosh, Oh' My Gosh!!! I was just saying yesterday, that I am so sad that I have to just pack them up in the box. This year, I set up a cute tree, just to hang my cards on, and EERY bit of my Christmas decorations, are put away, except that tree. I can't bear to just take the cards off and stuff them in a box. I LOVE this idea! Where did you get the cute little book??? Please share!
YOU are AMAZING!!! I LOVE your notebook keepsake idea...and I am totally blown away at how you can take a couple pieces of paper and some ribbon and turn it into a masterpiece! Honestly...YOU are soooo gifted...maybe you should stop teaching 2nd graders...and start teaching "art classes"!!! Thanks for making my day....and, for all the ways you shine brightly for our Lord ! Sweet blessings!
Great idea! I have all of mine in a dumpy old shoe box!
Love this and I second Kristie... sometimes done is way better and it has just enough embellishment! :)
GREAT idea! :)
I have been wanting to do this for years. I save all my picture cards in a box. I have years worth. This will be my next project when I have time (oh dear).
I hope there is room to add late entries. :-) The book is wonderful.
It's perfect! I have my cards from at least the last three years....I might have to make me three :)
What a WONDERFUL idea! I never like getting rid of pics from xmas cards, but our fridge is too little to hold them all - this is a wonderful idea. Thank you!
Post a Comment