February 10, 2009

10 things on the 10th of February

the {fire truck} sold for $ 40 to Rian tonight at the cake auction :)

Ian and Mason bid on 3 different cakes

we left the preschool empty handed tonight

the cherry choco blizzard I ate at Dairy Queen tasted amazing

I need a haircut

I have piles of math papers to correct

I still haven't finished my to-do list from the weekend

I have caught myself several times whispering verses of Psalm 139 during the day when anxiety or frustration levels rise {so thankful for that}

I've left my phone at home {on accident} the past two days & I've actually survived without it

I really like watching my 2nd graders learn ... I hope they like watching me teach.

.............................................

The post earlier today titled a morning of {red flags} ... those things DID NOT happen to me ... they happened to my sister-in-law Bryn {I think there was some confusion} ... and I have not checked in with her tonight ... I'm hoping she has survived the day!!

.............................................

share some {LOVE}

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

10 wonderful things make for a wonderful 10th day of February ...... my, but isn't time flying by???!

Becky said...

You are awesome my dear friend. =)

Sweet Blessings said...

You always start my day with a smile! I was just going to comment that I thought your hair look "Really good" last night :D And, I'm pretty sure your second grader's do LOVE watching you teach! Sorry, your boys had to go home cake-free...& Most of all...praying you had a great night's sleep (even though it was a slumber party! :D) Sweet blessings!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

I'm sure your second graders can't get enough of watching you teach. I'm sure you are one of those unforgettable teachers.

I'm glad you survived without your cell phone... that is a tough one.

Kirsten said...

LOVE YOU!!

Michelle said...

I've had cell phone issues this week too! It's been nice to see that the world doesn't STOP when I don't have it. It certainly does get quieter and slow down... might be something to look into! :)

Stacy B said...

I need to learn some Psalms. I say things to myself, too, but it's "facebook" language...."stacy is tired," "stacy thinks she ate toouch for lunch," "stacy wonders if her daughter is still throwing up"

Maybe a prayer or too would be more helpful and less nutso.

Our Family Farm said...

We had to mope home without a cake too, despite how hard my kids tried to get one! I think we (unintentionally) bid almost everyone up trying to just buy ONE cake, but alas...we were emptyhanded in the end as well. It's good for BLPS though. Got to love that place! We had to hit DQ too. I agree- it was tasty! Better luck next year, I guess!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin