I'm going to make a highly educated guess that when this green and yellow packaged{John Deere} popcorn catches the eye of a 4 year old farm kid, it will make him think he can pop it all by himself.
And then, when he realizes that something has gone terribly wrong, that same little farm kid {who is now scared spitless} will run for help to the nearest guy at the shop.
And after 10 minutes of figuring out how to turn off the smoke alarm, opening all the windows and wiping out the microwave with the help of Fernando, that same little 4 year old farm kid sits and cries in the yard.
And then, when his mom comes home - he hugs her tightly as she hears the story from the guys in the shop and repeatedly says {I'll get help next time. I'll get help.}
The smoke smell is finally gone. Finally.
The floors still have a film of some sort on them and squeak when we walk. {Mack loves it}
The old microwave is now in the dumpster.
The button for popcorn on the new microwave now has a sticker on it so Mason knows exactly which button to push when the {Johnny Pop} catches his eye again.
{but honestly - I don't think he'll be touching the microwave anytime soon}
TIP OF THE DAY
** You probably shouldn't cook {Johnny Pop} or any kind of popcorn in a microwave for more than 5 minutes. **
{just a guess}
17 comments:
With girls it is almost the same as spilling and wiping three bottles of confiscated nail polish (pail nolish) on the hardwood floor while Mommy is on the other side of the locked door.
Good Ole' Mason!
I did the exact same thing when I was about 10. Ten!! I still won't walk away from a bag of popcorn in the microwave. I'm too scared that I'll do it again. :)
Diana
With Ethan it was setting the timer on the microwave for 13 minutes instead of 13 seconds to warm up a roll. He was 3 at the time.
The microwave was saved.
lol... that's kinda funny WOW. That is one BURNT bag of popcorn. Thankfully the smell is gone from your house!! (and that nothing else caught on fire!)
I've done the same thing before and I was a lot older than ten! It's so cute how he was waiting to tell you! What a sweet guy!
Oh my goodness!! My 4 year old would have done the exact same thing!! :) Too funny!
And you would laugh so hard if you knew how obsessed you have mede me with hearts and how much time I spent trying to figure stuff out this morning. :) As if I don't have better things to do...
Any way, I THINK that it is & hearts ; with out the spaces
Let me see if I remember right
♥
Loved the laugh and the pictures are worth 1000 words- thanks for sharing! Hahahaha...
I also love that you created a special button for Mason just in case. You gotta love all that independence and problem-solving! :)
...and I'm super glad your house is still standing today! Everyday miracles, right?
Thanks for your comments today as well- you are so sweet.
Happy Monday!
love that boy. all boy.
I can just smell it! Poor Mason, I bet he was so scared. Lessons learned :o)
glad the smell is gone - burnt popcorn smells yucky!
I can just imagine the smell! What a great story!
Love this blog. Love the story. I know the smell, and it is terrible, but glad it is gone. I can just imagine Mason waiting to tell you. Glad he has a special button just incase he needs to try it again. So glad nothing else happened. Love that you took a picture(s) of the bag! Have a great rest of your week.
Nothing smells quite so bad. Also, a little FYI - probably not worth the time...but if the house was really bad (smelly & slippery) it would be covered under your home owners policy. :-) Little tip from Marc. :-)I also have a book, "Talking Dirty w/the Queen of Clean" and she has a special section on getting 'that' smell out of a microwave. Been there - done that.
You have always done a superb job of painting a picture with your words and today you have mastered creating a smell... seriously I can smell it.
Been there done that myself. The smell is the worst. INDEPENDENCE -- it starts so young. I bet he was one scared little guy. Definately one to remember and thankfully nothing serious happened.
See..Cow Camp is so much simpler,
;-}
Mr Tammy
I just can't help but laugh everytime I invision the whole event :D Life is good! God is good! Sweet blessings!
P.S. Yet another story to one day be passed on to little Grandchildren :D
Post a Comment