February 11, 2009

who ...

~picked out dark brown pants for her son to wear today?

~fought with her son about wearing something besides Wranglers today?

~screamed like a child having a horrible temper tantrum today?

~put all of her son's other pants in the shower and turned the water on today?

~cried 3 different times before 7:00 a.m. today?

~packed those same brown pants and matching shirt in a bag today?

~took her son to daycare in his underwear today?

~picked a fight that probably should haven't picked today?

~is not proud of her parenting today?

~is glad she didn't give in today ... even though it pretty much made the morning {living hell}?

~is ready for a new day?

.................................................................

If you've answered Me aka Lindsay aka CRAZY MOM you just earned yourself a 100% from this 2nd grade teacher today.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you, good for you, good for you! (except for the picking a fight part) But the rest. GOOD JOB!
Some days are like that, sister. Wishing I wasn't at work, so I could bring you an apple cider, and some peanut M&M's and give you a BIG HUG! Know that I am thinking of you, and I am proud of you for not giving in! It will all be worth it in the end. Love You!

Michelle said...

Oh, Linds!!!! Bless you! BEEN THERE~ TOTALLY have done some of those same things. Hope that your day is looking better now. Love ya!

Lisa said...

lol- I'm glad I'm not the only one with days like this :)

Cheers to tonight- I'm sure picking out jammies is going to go much, much more smoothly.

Deb said...

I've been there, done that and it won't be the last time (sorry). That's what we get when we have strong willed independant children. But in the end it all turns out with a happy ending.

He is doing fine today, just being a mellow fellow.

shara said...

so sorry to hear about your morning, those tend to happen from time to time. my middle one always insist on wearing jeans with huge holes in the knee's when she has perfectly good ones hanging there waiting to be worn. good job on not giving in even though it can or has ruined your day. he will either totally forget about it or remember it the next time you set them out. kids are really good at remembering things when they want to. keep your chin up and know you aren't the only parent who has done such. if it makes you feel any better when this same middle child was small i let her fall out of the shopping cart not once, but twice and felt like a total shoe about being such a horrible mom. i don't think she even remembers those times, maybe it's because she hit her head... i'm not sure??? hahaha. may you have a less hectic evening. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhh Lindsay ...... I'm so sorry that things didn't go smoothly this morning but I agree with Shara .... either he'll remember the incident, or totally forget it ..... but I pray that God will bless your efforts to mold his strong-will in to being more compliant and willing to please you.
I'm wiping away my tears and feeling so proud of your tenacity to make him mind you. Don't give up, even though you feel like you're losing your mind. He WILL understand that he needs to do what he is told.
Love you so much xoxooxoo

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Once ya pick the battle, ya gotta win ;) I have SO been there. Oh the strong will of a child...and a mother :)

Love you friend!

Jenny Estes said...

Hey Linds
Hopefully today was a better day...
We all have them, remember that you get out what you put into your kids, it's worth it....
But yeah, if raising kids was easy everyone would do it and be good at it. Kind of like a marriage:)

Sweet Blessings said...

My sweet girl...I LOVE YOU..and you know I'm laughing at this whole post! YOU did the right thing...Maybe because being a Mama is one of God's greatest blessings it has to be one of the hardest things too...I guess it has have it's moments of Real-ness too! Persevere!!! Wedensday is almost done and tomorrow is a new chance to go forward :D I'm pretty sure there is something in Psalm 139 to soothe today's feelings! Sweet blessings!

P.S. I hope you treated yourelf to a DQ Blizzard!!! I know that will help!!!

Becky said...

Oh Linds! I am actually kinda smiling/laughing ONLY because I can picture it all in my mind, and I can picture the look on his face when you turned the water in the shower on. =) You did the right thing by letting him know YOU are the boss, and he is learning from you. Keep it up and remember that you do it out of love.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

is it bad that I am still laughing? I hate those fights. ugh.

Amy Tolar said...

Oh, I am so proud of you for not giving in! You are a GREAT mommy! I hate days like this because you are doing what is right to raise your children, but you feel like crap at the same time!

Hugs!

Stacy B said...

Hey, don't underestimate the power of the shower! I did that to both of my girls at one time or another. It worked, too. I don't remember why I did it but I know it worked! He won't remember, either so don't be too rough on yourself.

Katarina said...

I have SO been there (screaming fits, fight picking and all!) Praying that God gives you the wisdom to continue to parent your strong-willed little boy. I know it is not easy.
I did giggle at the fact that the other pants ended up in the shower.
Praying that your day tommorrow is much smoother. (and that said pants are dry so he doesn't have to wear just underwear *grin*)

Jodi said...

Good for you for not giving in.... I have actually packed all of Austins' clothes in a bag and put them at the top of his closet... and he was forced to wear the clothes I put out for him. It is so hard to be parent. You are a great mom and hope you'r day is better tomorrow.

Katie said...

I have SO been there...went through a {trying} time with one of my own and he wore the same socks for about a month straight...they did disappear every once in a while to get washed :)

Love to you Linds!

Shannon said...

Okay...you just made me feel normal! I love you! I love your honesty. I pretty much had the same fight with Piper today! Although I didnt try the shower trick.
Last night over another issue Piper asked in a voice far above an almost 4 year old. "mommy, why are you angry?". It stopped me in my tracks.

Stacey said...

Wow! Turned the shower on??? good for you for not giving in!!! Tomorrow will be better!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Can I just say that I love LOVE that you wrote this?? :) I've been there a time or two (dozen).
I also read your more recent post -and see that every thing is well that ended well. :)

Our Family Farm said...

Oh...so glad you have THOSE days too! It's all a phase, right? I remind myself of this often! I so enjoy your posts. Thanks for bringing a smile to my day. Teri

PS At least your son is not weraing underwear on his head for fun!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin