October 23, 2009

Friday.



Mason is doing well.

Very well.

Thanks for all the prayers!

He's headed to the pumpkin patch with all his {friends} and {teachers} today.

....................................

Ian is hauling cows for a friend that has H1N1.

I hope he wipes down the truck thoroughly before he spends the day driving it.

...................................

Mack is at a stage that seems to test all patience I have.

I'm praying it doesn't last long.

..................................

I am sporting Raccoon pride today.

Blue and gold.

I love applauding kids and their achievements every month at our award assemblies.

...................................

I'm pondering this today & I am loving this book: Every Day Deserves A Chance.

from Chapter 10

We're important, but not essential; valuable, but not indispensable. We have a part in the play, but we are not the main act. A song to sing, but we are not the featured voice.

God is.

He did well before our birth; He'll do fine after our deaths. He started it all, sustains it all, and will bring it all to a glorious climax. In the meantime, we have this high privilege: to surrender personal Everests, discover the thrill of the doubled distance, do deeds for which we cannot be paid, seek problems that others avoid, deny ourselves, take up our crosses, and follow Christ.

...............................

Note to self: Get over yourself!

11 comments:

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

Happy Friday my friend!

Misty said...

Happy Friday, Friend!
So glad Mason is feeling better.
Madi and I were just talking about those Rocky assemblies, as she was playing Rocky Top on the piano, and singing... The Rocky Heights song.
We do miss those assemblies though! Sooo good for kids!

Stacey said...

Love the header and the pic of all the horse shoes. You have such great perspective!! Have a great weekend!

Kerry said...

That excerpt from the book is powerful ..... thanks for sharing!
Loving you!
That picture of the horse shoes will be a best-seller, I'm pretty sure!

Kirsten said...

Happy Friday Linds!
Here's to all of us getting over ourselves!

Kristie said...

So glad Mason is doing well!! Happy Friday! May your weekend be wonderful and restful!! Love you!

Katie said...

Happy Friday, dear friend!

Katarina said...

SO glad that Mason is doing well!
Have a wonderful weekend.

Beth@playinwiththepaulsens! said...

your pics are so so simply refreshing. I just sigh at each header and photo. thank you for sharing so many pics with us!

glad that tough little guy is better!

Pendleton Pathways: International Travel said...

Glad Mason is feeling better :)

Sweet Blessings said...

Can I get cards with your header and the horse shoes??? TOTALLY GREAT SHOTS!!! :D So smiling that you are enjoying the book...It made me stop & think LOTS too! Praying you get a great night's sleep tonight too...Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin