October 22, 2009

A laugh and some tears.

1. I received an email from my father in law yesterday requesting photos and captions for the Onion Express Christmas Newsletter. My response was a link to the blog. This morning, I was greeted with this email & attached photo:



This child's mother makes a living keeping 27 children safe every day.

.....................................

2. Mason is having a root canal today. Age 4 & a root canal. I've shed many tears the past two weeks about this, but I know he'll be fine. I'm just feeling like I'm responsible or I should have done something differently, but as my great friend Tammy wrote to me this week: This too shall pass! and remember ... live for today ... not yesterday.
Please be praying for sweet Mason today at 3:00. Ian is taking him, and I'll be there with a package from Aunt Kirsten when he gets out.

.................................

Life continues to roll right along ... and as the book I'm reading on {contentment} reminded me again this morning ~

{our anxiety should be used as a springboard to pray specifically}

So, you know what I'm doing?!

Praying.

And I know God is listening.

14 comments:

shara said...

i feel mason pain.. i lothe the dentist too. i'm sure he will be fine! love the picture of mack with the ax... he is so stinking cute! hope you have a good thursday afternoon {after the dentist} and spend some quality time with your men. your family pictures are cute. i told mr luke the other day when i saw him at hhes, to stop being mean to my mack.. he said it was you and ian. hahaha- miss hearing from ya! have a :) one.

Katarina said...

Definately praying for Mason, (and mom and dad too!)
I love the caption to go with the picture, too funny!

ShelliGib said...

Too funny! Poor little Mason, I'm sure he'll be fine - lots of milk shakes!

Kerry said...

I've been praying all afternoon for our sweet Mason.... . trusting that the Lord will keep him, and you, at peace through it all!!! :)
Love you all soooo much!

B.R. said...

this is why I love George :) hope everything goes easy for Mason, and for you friend

Misty said...

Oh' Man, BUMMER!
I am sure he will be a Champ throught the root canal.
Are you taking him to APD? They are the best, my Kids LOVE the dentist, because of them, and Deven has even had fillings, and still wants to go back! I hope his appt goes smooth and he is feeling better in no time.

Oh' and the caption to the picture... Priceless! Love it!

Anne said...

I love the photo and the caption. I'm a little slow... I ~thought~ he was holding a pitchfork...or shovel... or something... NOT AN AXE! :-) Cracked me up!!!!!

Darcy said...

Ummm....#1 is hi-larious! :)

And I'm praying for Mason today.

Sweet Blessings said...

Linds,

Thanks for your sweet words! And, Pat is soooo going to love to tease you about the photo of Mack & the caption :D Surrounding you with lots of love, prayers, and thoughts...and knowing God is taking good care of Mason & You! Sweet blessings!

Becky said...

Prayed for Mason and for mom. You are such a wonderful mom, and sometimes things just happen that we don't think should have happened, or wished they hadn't happened. But you can regret the choices you made, becuase they were the {best} you could do at the time.

Misty said...

How is he feeling???

Shelby-Grace said...

I am praying that everything went well for Mason (and you) today and that he bounces back quickly.

You have so many responsibilities and you seem to handle them with such grace and confidence. God truly uses you to be a blessing and encouragement to others! Hope you have a restful night!

Wendi@EveryDayMiracles said...

Praying for you both. :(

And oh my - the photo and caption - SO great!!! :)

Stacey said...

Wow! Definitely praying for Mason!! I'm scared to death of root canals....Hope all goes well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin