March 5, 2010

Five feelings for Friday. {3.5.10}



{1} I'm so full. It was a week full of food here at school. Delicious, high calorie lunches every. single. day. I need to run about 14.3 miles three times a day to work it all off ... but since I'm not a runner {at all} ... or even a jogger ... I think I'll just chase a few calves around the branding pen this weekend.

{2} I'm warm. The weather is amazing. In the 60's every afternoon. Not really what the {rancher's wife} in me knows is best right now for pastures in the summer ... but none the less, I love it. The sunshine does amazing things for the soul.

{3} I'm an athlete {sort of}. I can still play basketball ... at least against 2nd graders. I've had recess duty this week {morning & afternoon} and have found myself bonding with about 15 boys who are just waiting for me to slam dunk. I keep telling them I can't, but every recess they are sure it's going to happen. I must have {wonder woman} taped to my back or something because I'm certain that my feet can only lift off the ground about 15.6 inches. {at the most}

{4} I'm blessed. God's been winking at me all week. {those incredible things that happen every single day of our life that some people think are simply a coincidence} Chance? Luck? Nope ... they're {winks} from God. More on the great book When God Winks at You next week.

{5} I'm ready. We're branding this weekend. Enough said. Let the fun begin. And if you want a glimpse from years past you can click here, here, here, here, here, here, or here. {there are more, but I don't have time to find them}. No I won't be leaving my crock pot in the back of the pickup this year ... and no, I won't be serving chicken. Lessons learned.

Welcome weekend ... we're glad you're here!

7 comments:

Sweet Blessings said...

Thanks for making me laugh today....!!! I'm pretty sure you do have Super Woman taped to your back...because over & over again you do amazing things! I just know you are going to slam-dunk that ball before the year is over!!! Praying your weekend is blessed with many winks...and that the branding goes perfectly! Sweet blessings!

Anonymous said...

Basketball!! How fun! Hope branding goes well this weekend and glad it is warm enough to feel your fingers and toes after a hard day's work.

Misty said...

Oh; and I CAN'T WAIT to see your (and Ronda's) pictures of branding. I know she has some "visions" she is hoping to capture!

Katarina said...

Have a fantastic weekend, may it be filled with even more sunshine and blessings, hope the branding goes smoothly!

ShelliGib said...

I love getting "winks". Hope they keep coming!!

Kerry said...

So glad we were there to share the "Weekend" with you ...... can't wait to see the pictures of the grand event!
I sure am thankful that God blessed us with a warm day on Sunday ...... these days following are NOT so warm ....... 32 degrees from the Columbia to home.
BRRRRR

Catherine Anne said...

Your photograhs are amazing...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin