My mornings in the car have been quiet.
My afternoons too.
I listen to music during the comute from our home to my school ... and back home again.
The boys are with you.
You're doing the last minute socks and boots and sweatshirts.
You're grabbing the back-packs.
You're picking them up from school & daycare.
You're showing them what {work} is when they're home.
You're giving them jobs & chores and ... most importantly ... responsibility.
You're modeling.
You're leading.
And as you do all of this and sometimes think that I don't see ... I do.
I see it & I admire it.
I treasure it.
I am blessed by it.
I listen to this song by Sanctus Real at least once a day & pray that the words echo through your heart like they do mine.
I pray that you know how much I love you.
I pray that you know how thankful I am that we're a {team}.
I pray that God continue to works His {magic} through our life.
.................................
I know you don't read the blog much due to the fact that we have no internet at home Ian, but this journal of our extraordinary life ... well, Ian it's happening, it's alive, it's real, it's ours ... not because of me ... but because of {us} and the promises that God has made and will continue to keep.
The promises to get us through all the {this and that} that we face every.single. day.
Thank you for being willing to grow.
Thank you for being willing to give.
Thank you for being that person that makes me look better than I really am.
I hope and pray I never have to {do} this life we live without you.

11 comments:
Ian is a keeper, for sure!!!
Thankful that God brought him into our lives .....by His design as we make this journey of life TOGETHER!
Awww! What a nice post...
What a sweet post honoring your Mr... :D I so HOPE he does get to read this one...because sometimes, they just need to know that we DO SEE :D Praying over & over again that God blesses you & your Mr. and your boys! Sweet blessings!
P.S. I SO LOVE that song too.....! It's funny how sometimes God uses music to speak to our souls : D Sweet blessings!
Powerful song!
hey ian.. can i get an autograph? your famous now.. you've been featured on bales and tales. one of the most amazing blogs i read. okay, seriously... yes you are a TEAM and you make each of you stronger and better every single day. it's it wonderful to have someone in your life that way? i know i am truely blessed and so are you my friend. thank you for sharing such a wonderful post!
Cheers to your team and to this journey called Life! May God and His love always be the center! Love you!
I'm so in love with this post. :) I love the way you have such respect for your man. That is so incredibly important for him, for you, and for those precious boys.
Aaahhh' I LOVE this post!
Isn't it great to just take the time to realize this, and even better to take the time to document it!
You are blessed!
Aaahhh' I LOVE this post!
Isn't it great to just take the time to realize this, and even better to take the time to document it!
You are blessed!
What a strong, true love the two of you have! You are such an inspiration not only to the people who read your blog, but also to those two boys of yours! They're growing up in a family that loves one another and one day (WAYYY in the future) they'll find a special girl of their own that they'll treat just as lovingly - finding the best way they can to show these girls how much they appreciate them (OK - definitely not trying to rush those 20+ years). Thank you for loving one another with so much understanding that you will bring two new people (Mason and Mack) into the world with hearts full of love - both God's love and your own. The world is a better place because of you Lindsay and Ian.
Post a Comment