It's early. Like 3 a.m. early. The wind is blowing outside and it's raining. I just cut out 12 pilgrim hats, unloaded the dishwasher and folded a load of laundry. I'm tired, but I can't sleep.
I've read through some of the book of Romans and the verses I keep going back to are these:
Romans 5:3-6
We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because he has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with his love.When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.
And then in the margin in my daily walk Bible it says this:
"make a Christmas list of 5 people that I know who need to receive God's free gift of salvation, and boldly share Jesus with them."
The word "boldly" scares me a bit ... but it puts excitement in my heart as well.
And then for just a second or two, (I'm ashamed to write) I even thought "when will I be able to "fit" that into my daily routine and busy life?"
Reality check Lindsay.
I'm here to be used by God.
And it's not about whether it's convenient or not.
I'm here to add some "spark" to the world - or at least that is what I want to do.
And if I live intentionally, and share Jesus in a real and authentic way through what I say and do ... well, I'm on the right track and hopefully off to a good start.
My friend Michelle posted this the other day & it spoke volumes to my soul.
"It's not how much you're in the Bible, what really counts is how much Bible is in you!" -John Wimber
I'm a character in the lives of many of your stories ...
and my prayer is that as our stories unfold and intertwine ... that you will see and believe and know the power of Jesus in your interactions with me.
You'll feel his love, you'll recognize his grace, you'll receive his forgiveness, and you'll have a peace that others will want too.
....
so ... rather than just reading something and thinking about it ... I'm going to apply what I've read to my life.
I'm going to pick 5 characters in my story ... and I am going to share the best gift of the season with them ... God's free gift of salvation.
I want Romans chapter 5 to be one of their favorites too.
You want to join me?? ... our "stories" will be better than ever!
.........................................
- a camera I'm still borrowing.
- my favorite orange sweater.
- hot chocolate in the morning - some people need coffee ... I need hot chocolate.
- supportive families and the cutest pilgrims around.
- clean desks.
- math facts.
- tissue paper and it's many different uses and reuses.
- saying "no" to good things and having an easier, much needed, night at home.
- a phone call from Mason's principal - his first rough housing incident ... not really happy about the call, but thankful for the lessons he is learning.
- Family Day entertainment - all lined up.
- coffee mugs with tractors on them.
- delicious dinner. (browned hamburger, salsa, black beans ... served over rice ... topped with avocado, sour cream and cheese)
- bags of "thankfulness" ready to deliver.
- homework time with Mason and not fights or fits about it.
- my dad's wisdom about school playgrounds.
- rest.
5 comments:
Good to be able to refer to your Dad's wisdom ...... God brought him through all those years of teaching for such a time as this!!
Love you lots, Lindsay.
Praying that you'll be able to rest, and leave the anxiety, at the Lord's feet!
I enjoy the look into your life that your gratitude posts bring. Thankful that God is giving you the ability to see those moments in your day.
Love this Linds...love the heart and soul you pour into others...
right beside you girlfriend (and just so you know...that BOLD part scares me a tad).
You do shine and share Jesus every single day...even when you don't think you are :) And, I just know you are touching lives for him in ways you don't even know! Love the character you are in my story, and the person God is creating you to be! Sweet blessings!
Love this. It is so challenging to me - in a good way.
Post a Comment