I opened my journal from 1 year ago.
Nov 3, 2009
“Open doors aren’t closing, but things are not going smoothly. As I catch myself worrying about it, I continue to remember that His plans are greater than mine – so much greater.
Be content with what God gives! He knows … and we HAVE to trust everything He says He WILL do. He will not harm us … He will give us hope for the future. The unknowns still linger, but He remains. Through it all – He remains.
I’m tired Lord – so tired, and I pray that you will show us where and when and how to FOLLOW YOU! Not just when it’s easy, but always.”
………………………………………………………
A lot is happened in a year.
I had chosen the word {dream} for 2009 … and here it was, the end of 2009 and dreams were on the verge of coming true … maybe.
When I think of the word dream, I think of unending possibilities … hopes and aspirations unfolding …
But dreaming isn’t easy, because dreaming requires faith.
Faith that believes and hopes and endures … knowing that the best is yet to come.
Faith has no fear.
I have to chuckle that my word for 2010 is fearless.
Because honestly – I believe you have to be fearless to really dream.
You have to rid yourself of worry.
You have to step out of the boat and be prepared to walk on water.
You have brave the stormy seas.
You have to rest in knowing that His plans are better than our own.
You have to be certain that every detail of our lives is worked into something good.
……………………………………..
I’m still a bit worrisome about the most ridiculous things.
But I AM striving to be the fearless dreamer …
that trusts in the unseen .
that believes in a God that can move mountains.
that is able to see the best in the ordinary.
that offers gratitude through it all.
November 3rd, 2010
- people who love my children for who they are.
- co-workers who trust me.
- a refund check from the City of Stanfield.
- Pandora.com and the refreshing music I can listen to while {resting} at lunch.
- boldness to write what might not want to be heard.
- opportunities to teach children about the words gratitude and forgiveness.
- watching those words come to life in my classroom.
- confidence.
- phone calls that are hard to make but are worth the effort.
- Mason’s {homework club}
- friends that love me from the inside out.
- a view that takes my breath away. every single day.
- pizza, good friends, and a camera that works.
- a beer margarita on a school night.
- an organized grading notebook and the peace it gives me knowing grading time is approaching quickly.
- a washing machine that continues to {clean} the dirt of our lives away.
- grace and mercy … received and given.
- a place to rest my weary head.

5 comments:
Ecclesiastes 3:1-22 ESV / 46 helpful votes
For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; ...
It is so hard to be fearless. Yet sometimes fear keeps us away from wonderful things we didn't know were waiting for us.
How awesome to be able to look back at a year ago and see answered dreams ....... God's timing is perfect and we really have NO good reason to fear what lies ahead ..... and we can see now that God planted you in Echo, and in a 1st grade classroom, for such a time as this!!
Lindsay, I don't get to read your blog as often as I would like to but I am always inspired by it when I do. I love your "attitude of gratitude" this month and I know that I personally was inspired to copy you and look for the blessings in my life rather than just complaining about the hard stuff. I wish you and your family a wonderful month together this November and know that I will be thinking of you while I make my own list of blessings! Keep up the powerful writing - it's message is being heard!
:) Yay to look back and see God's Greatness, and to look forward fearless of the great things to come! Sweet blessings!
Post a Comment