When you chose to focus on the positive, the negative seems to attack you even more than before.
Things don’t go as smoothly.
People aren’t as understanding.
Grace and mercy are hard to find.
The sun shines brightly, but at the same time a group of clouds seems to hang out in the not-so-far away distance … waiting for just the right opportunity to cover the light you’re trying to shine.
…………………………………………………………..
It’s a choice to see the good.
It’s the way you react that sets you apart.
I wasn’t as understanding or forgiving as I could have been today, but the difference was … I recognized it and changed my attitude.
Was it easy? No.
Did it make me feel better? No, not initially.
I was receiving little, if any, grace and the {attacks} were coming from all directions.
I was being bombarded by smart remarks and miscommunication.
But rather than focus on the lack of understanding that seemed to be covering me from the minute my eyes opened…
I wrote down words, phrases, sights and sounds that shouted {Lindsay, you are loved}.
Because if I’m going to truly {live} an attitude of gratitude, then I can’t let the worst of things get the best of me.
……………………………………………….
Day 2.
- 3 bowls of cereal with sliced bananas – and not one spill.
- Handy Manny & his tools.
- a classroom door for Mason to knock on early in the morning … that welcomes him with open arms.
- crossing guards that have {joy} in their smiles and their waves.
- a white chair and geraniums that are still bursting with life.
- a set of books, sunshine … and a circle of first graders reading their hearts out.
- Taco Bell & just enough change to pay for lunch.
- ice water. gulp, after gulp of ice water.
- email and the amazing way it can connect you with someone in a matter of seconds.
- comments on my classroom blog from two different states.
- old friends & the connection we’ll always have.
- new friends & the relationships that are taking on new life.
- photography & the magical way it brings peace to the soul.
- a chocolate bar … just a plain old Hershey bar … a treat I’ll never get tired of.
- people that {get }me and the people that {don’t} … if they all {got} me, life would be pretty boring.
- the opportunity to vote.
- green grass {thriving} on the hillsides around our home.
- 2 boys that live for adventure.
- a {yard and playground} that seem to go on forever.
- great cattle prices and a happy husband.
- cobwebs and the stringy, yet beautiful mess they create.
- tuna melts and applesauce.
- popcorn.
- the hysterical way Mack says {dangerous}.
- trees, leaves and sunlight.
- a good reason to be tired.
- blue eyes that twinkle and green eyes that seem as deep as the sea.
- the power of prayer.
- stillness & quiet to end the day.







7 comments:
love. simply. love. thank you for your amazing way with words, they truely touch my soul in more ways than you will ever know.
Hugs to you today...
hmmm I sense a need for a video of Mack talking coming on... hope today is super good!
May gratitude continue to flow from your lips.
What great things to be grateful for.
*love* that picture of the tree with the sun. so. stunning.
Thanks for helping me see the little things as things I can be thankful for ...... many little things create a heart FULL of thanks!!
I thank God for giving me daughters that bring joy to so many ...... especially to me!
I'm so proud of you, Lindsay, for using the gifts that God has given you ..... and teaching us ALL through the lessons He has going in your life!
Great photos! And even more importantly.... a great attitude! Hang in there.
Here's to thinking positively and SHINING brightly each day!!
Post a Comment