February 21, 2011

423 + 1.

Last Tuesday the words came blinking across my computer screen.

"i've been reading some books that have brought me back to... get together some time this week... feels like it's been way too long... i miss you."

And from 4:30 that afternoon on in the life of me, nothing has been the same.

The very next day, my book arrived.

1000 gifts, unwrapped and poured over with eyes blinking the heaviness of the day away.


............................

Thankfulness has been a character trait I always thought I had.

And after finishing the book Sunday evening, I still do.

I still have {thankfulness} written all over my heart, but it's different.

Different in ways I can't yet explain.

The same, and yet, so different.

Something new awakening in my soul.

Understanding, courage, peace.  Grace flowing ... like a river.

......................

And so, my gifts {that which I am so thankful for} are continuing to bloom and brighten the hard world we live in.

Those tangible ways I am blessed and in turn, can bless others, are new and fresh ... unfolding a new season of my life.

Glimpses of God in the ordinary, in the frustration, in the moments where you see the reflection of yourself and begin to see God.

It's those gifts, that truly make a person.

...........................

I was at 423.

Not counting the entire month of November 2010.

And now, I'm back at 1.

Starting over.

A new understanding of eucharisteo and the desire to share, bless and be blessed in the life I'm meant to live fully.

Yes, fully live.

..................................

1.  the invitation ... and accepting it with anticipation of more of Him and less of me.
2.  a booth in McDonald's Play place where friendship and fellowship echoed and will be etched in my heart and mind forever.
3.  12 penguins and an untidy painter who wasn't afraid to dream.
4.  green crayons and words holding the magic of the "double ee."
5.  cupcakes ... even on paper or in a picture ... they make me happy.
6.  a friend, pliers = fixed panel inside my car.
7.  roses.


8.  a CD filled with 17 songs picked especially for Mason.
9.  pancake mix, syrup, heart molds & 2 little words:  Pancake Girl.
10.  bruises, bumps, and a sweet voice asking, pleading, begging for kisses.
11.  notes scrawled on a church bulletin put into action.
12.  a mirror that is beginning to reflect more of Him ... less of me.
13.  a wardrobe filled with grace.



20.  chocolate chip cookies and jam jars filled with milk.
21.  freckles spattered across noses like paint.
22.  slow, steady heartbeats with no reason or need to race.
23.  my grandma.  and the tears I can hear through her words - tears of joy watering my dry and thirsty soul.

28.  drink in hand, heart open wide, life shared.

31.  brightness. light in the dark morning from a giant-sized moon shining across my sleeping boys.

37.  a slip of paper with a new name and another desk brought through the door.

39. initials, dates, signatures - over and over again - and the peace they bring to the eyes, the soul of my husband.
40.  shades of red, blue & purple bouncing across the growing green wheat as the sun says goodbye to another day.
41.  my name, meaning "peaceful one" ... and the bookmark it's stitched on peeking out from Colossians.

51.  sunshine, jump ropes, and jungle gyms.
52.  puzzles and the "teamwork" they whisper as the pieces come together.

55.  sitting with 2 of my oldest friends and sharing life.

59.  a whole night of uninterrupted rest.
60.  cousins and the laughter they create.


61.  cold air blowing reason to stay inside.
62.  a new mama's MOO.
63.  watching and waiting ... and then the sigh of relief when # 2 arrived.
64.  twins and a first-time mama ... who knew exactly what to do.



67.  pitchforks.


68.  salsa made and savored ... addicting in it's warmth and flavor.
69.  words of praise and thanks from a surprising source.

75.  fits and the peace that comes after the storm.
76.  cherry pie, heart crust and George Washington.


77.  soft snores, a day well lived and reasons to give thanks.  so many, many reasons.

80.  hangers with the garments that need to saturate my soul.

84.  apples gone bad and horses that love them anyway.



85.  books with hidden surprise flaps.
86.  belly laughs from Sofia.


88.  journals crated for "such a time as this."
89.  Luke 1:37 ... nothing is impossible with God.  nothing.
90.  phone calls and news of a baby boy.

92.  my sister - ambitious, gracious, patient, beautiful.  mine.


95.  my husband in a cowboy hat - home earlier than expected.

98.  enough quiet to hear the dishwasher cycling.
99.  hugs and kisses goodbye with anticipation of another visit in just a few short days.  5 sleeps from now.

106.  last pages turned.  and I begin to read again.
107.  a stamp, some ink and a reason to mark the days.  each day a gift, an opportunity to bless and be blessed.
................................

Trusting and and being thankful are choices only you can make ... and they are two things you must have {must practice} to stay close to {God} ~ Jesus Calling; 365 Devotions for Kids, February 21.

8 comments:

Kerry said...

You are teaching me soooo much about how to focus on things to be thankful for ...... in a way that I have not been skilled at doing!
Thanks Linds
Love you
Mom

Anonymous said...

I am thankful for you today, my friend! Your words always provide me with just what I need whether it's solace, laughter, or just contentment. :-)

{HUGS}

Sweet Blessings said...

My heart is simply warmed from reading this post..and your "list" :) So, so thankful for YOU and how He shines through you! Sending you Lots of Love, and prayers for many Sweet blessings to surround you every single day!

Unknown said...

My mom is currently waiting for her copy in the mail. I was going to wait and barrow it from her, but I think I will order my own.

God Bless

Stacey said...

I love your multitudes of much. I always read in the morning and it starts my day with my eyes open to all of the little things I should be thankful for even when i have a pile of stuff to do looming!!

Thanks!

Kirsten said...

Such great things to be thankful for! Love you Linds...Glad I got to spend some time with you..and looking forward to seeing you this weekend (as long as the weather holds out!)

Katarina said...

What wonderful blessings you have in your life.
LOVE your header pictures.

Tiffany said...

Love this post! And love the picture of the twin calves with the mama! Precious!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin