February 16, 2011
His hands.
When I downloaded these pictures onto my computer Sunday night, I laughed.
I giggled out loud - remembering exactly what had been going on right before I took these pictures.
And then, after the smile faded from my face, I focused my attention on his hands.
....................................
His hands ... so little now, but not little for long.
.................................
What will his hands make, mold and create?
What will his hands hold tight to? Reigns, handlebars, chains, horns, steering wheels, a Bible, a ring, a wife, children?
What will his hands cover up and wipe away?
What will they push?
What will they pull?
What books will they hold?
What words will they write?
Will they share hope?
Will they offer forgiveness?
Will they be worn out with love?
What will they give?
What will they receive?
How many times a day will they fold in prayer?
What will these hands become?
.................................
My prayer is this:
That they will bring greatness.
That they will offer joy.
That they will be firm and strong.
That they will hold tight to truth.
That they will be opened with love.
..................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Such good questions - and such a good prayer for your son! It would be interesting to continue to take this type of picture as he grows. Are you a scrapbooker? Because you have a perfect LO and awesome journalling right there :)
What a great post that you will one day smile at as you look back on it knowing most of the answers to those questions!!! Hope you have a JOY-filled Thursday! Sweet blessings!
Post a Comment