February 14, 2011

seek ... and you shall find.

The past 7 days went down in my life’s history book as “hard.” Actually I think the past year has been "hard." Not in a bad way ... just growing me and making me the wife and mother ... the friend and teacher ... the daughter and sister ... the child of God I'm supposed to be.

Rough, tough, and yet filled with moments of God’s goodness and blessings seeping through the cracks of tiredness, frustration, anxiousness, and {so much more}.

Blessings and goodness that put everything in perspective.

And so I seek.

With eyes wide open and arms stretched high for that which is meant for me.

The love that only He can give.

Luke 11:9-13

"Here's what I'm saying:
Ask and you'll get;
Seek and you'll find;
Knock and the door will open.

"Don't bargain with God. Be direct. Ask for what you need. This is not a cat-and-mouse, hide-and-seek game we're in. If your little boy asks for a serving of fish, do you scare him with a live snake on his plate? If your little girl asks for an egg, do you trick her with a spider? As bad as you are, you wouldn't think of such a thing—you're at least decent to your own children.

And don't you think the Father who conceived you in love will give the Holy Spirit when you ask him?"

.......................

382. Postcards from Papa George.

383. High expectations.

384. An envelope in the mailbox filled with encouragement and love. Thank you Brenna!

385. Valentine socks and the joy they bring.

386. A gift card found and a much needed purchase made.

387. Lunch pails and love notes.

388. Sandwiches, celery, orange slices and water – day after day after day.

389. Scripture … God’s voice … words that are meant to be read, re-read and shared.

390. The right ingredients and hungry stomachs = provision.

391. Phone calls from friends.

392. Women and men whom I spend 2/3 or my life with each year that see me at my best, and worst … and love me, support me, and cheer me on – day after day after day.

393. An amazing high school student placed in my room 2 hours a day – willing, ready and able.

394. A desk piled with papers, drawings, rocks, paper clips, pictures and love! What would an organized desk be like? I’ll never know.

395. Dreaming of Hawaii with my teaching partners.

396. Unexpected gifts from friends and a new camera strap. Thank you Shara!

397. Phone calls, conversations, comments, and words that speak LOVE, admiration, and encouragement directly to my soul.

398. A wardrobe that still “works” and keeps me clothed and comfortable.

399. Penguins and the silly noises they make … and how silly I must sound trying to replicate them as I read Mr. Popper’s Penguins to my class.

400. Parents that are comfortable talking to me, crying with me, emailing me, and communicating with me on a regular basis.

401. Subway $5 foot longs, a mini-van and laughter.

402.Recess duty. What would life be like without that too? I’ll never know.

403. A new oven and stove top from Mimzy!

404. 4 haircuts, a bit of color for me, and a “cape” of our very own.

405. A Starbucks treat left on my desk.

406. Breakfast out with Papa & Mimzy!

407. Washed vehicles, and the realization that we almost forgot what color they really were.

408. Celebrating Emerson’s life … the twinkle in his eye and his genuine smile will be missed so very much.

409. A successful 30 minutes in a church pew and a little nap for Mack too.

410. A Valentine package stuffed in the mailbox – stuffed full of Love from Papa & Mor Mor!

411. Dinner out!! - With some of my best friends, and biggest fans in a community I love.

412. Pictures sold to one of my favorite classroom families – thank you Dixon’s for supporting education in our community whole hearted. You are appreciated!

413. Crab, steak, and more crab!! Every bite melted in my mouth and was washed down with happiness and laughter!

414. A pirate party purchased! Mack is going to LOVE turning 4 … argh!

415. Mack’s new little habit of crossing his legs while lying down, watching his “favorite” show … which is usually anything that’s on.

416. Sleeping in – it does a body good.

417. A menu planned and groceries purchased.

418. A picnic in the back seat of the car with my 2 favorite boys.
Sunshine.

419. The stack of books next to my bed and the good they do for my heart and soul.

420. {standing} to worship in the front pew and not caring if anyone behind me could see.

421. Turning the BBQ on and enjoying Murdock Cattle sirloin at its best!

422. Laying my head down and not remembering that I fell asleep.

423. Rest.
………………………………

May you feel His love on this day of {love}.

6 comments:

Kerry said...

What blessings God has bestowed on you ...... so, so many!!

Kerry said...

Can't wait to see this "Pirate Party" you purchased ...... will be working on my "makeup" :-)

Crystal said...

What goodness you are surrounded with today. God's love and your thanksgiving = great joy! I hope your week is as happy as today was :)

Katarina said...

So much to be thankful for. What an awesome, loving God.
Praying that this week is filled with many more blessings!

Sweet Blessings said...

I always feel just as blessed when I read through your multitude of much :) Thanks for inspiring forward in so many ways! Sweet blessings!

Sarah@Life in the Parsonage said...

I'm reading that book now...amazing.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin