April 14, 2012
horseback.
Dear Ian,
I spent Friday evening following you as you pushed the cows toward fresh feed. It was the end of a long and busy week, and it was raining. More calves had been branded and the cows needed to be moved. And when cows need to be moved, it doesn't matter if it's raining.
I wish I could say that I rode along side you, but instead I looked, watched and cheered from a distance - capturing some of my very favorite pictures of all time.
The next morning was beautiful, and I chose to sit on our deck & read a good book while you rode across the hills in front of me. It was like a fairy-tale scene ... almost too good to be true. I may have even pinched myself more than once.
We may not be rich, but we have a whole lot more than money could ever buy. And as I sat on the porch, and walked down the road, I couldn't help but sing along with these birds and remember the words I had read earlier that morning:
The morning sunlight that opens your eyes can remind you that in Heaven there is no darkness; there is only light in His presence. The birds teach you how to sing His praises - loud and strong & filled with joy. The flowers, the trees, and the skies all give you glimses of the beauty that is waiting for you in Heaven. Walk through today - keeping your eyes and ears fully open - hints of Heaven are all around. ~ Jesus Calling, April 14
I'm in awe of our view, I'm believing in and trusting in our future, and I'm loving that I get to share it with you.
Ride on, & may you always know I'm right behind you every step of the way.
Lindsay
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








5 comments:
So in awe of all the amazing blessings surrounding you too!! What a great post to your Mr. :) Wishing you a GREAT Thursday sweet friend...and praying you onward daily! Sweet blessings!
What an amazing view you have each day - the photos you captured of your moments in life are so BEAUTIFUL! I loved them!
Your photographs are stunning! And the words you've written this week about your husband are precious. You have such a beautiful way of writing, Lindsey.
Sorry I haven't been around. For some reason, my blog list isn't showing me your latest posts - and I've been busy transplanting tomatoes and trying to do some sewing instead of being on the computer all evening :)
Happy Friday to you! I'm off to an International Reading Assoc. conference tomorrow - my favourite PD activity ever!
Keep remembering that this is the life ..... God has gifted this life with many, many blessings ......and He is worthy of your praise!
Love this post and the photos are wonderful!
Post a Comment