April 9, 2012

springsteen.





Dear Mason,

There is something about these pictures and your favorite song right now that makes me wonder what life will be like when you're 17.  Will you hear a melody that brings back a memory?  Will you be standing in a field on Easter day, looking just a bit taller and probably just as skinny? 

I got you the Eric Church CD for Easter.  I don't know anything about the guy, but I do know you love his song:  Springsteen. And for the simple reason that you just seem to have a {grown up} look to you right now - especially in jeans and a white t-shirt, I bought it.





You were thrilled and danced around doing flips for about 5 minutes straight. 
Every day since - you, Mack & I sing our hearts out about discount jeans, cut off jeans, an old jeep, the stars in the sky, and July Saturday nights on our drive to school.

I don't what the future holds for you, but I do know that you're going to have songs in your life that bring back memories.  You'll hear a tune and a face of someone special will come to mind.  So when you hear Springsteen by Eric Church, I hope you remember being 7.  I hope you remember how much you loved farm life, our spring of {farming} at Forths, and playing with your friend Dylan. 

But most importantly, I hope you remember that every day could be its own soundtrack ... so play hard son, do your best at everything, thank God for the blessings that surround you, and make memories.  And sing along to the tune that is yours - because that's what life is all about.

Your biggest fan,

Mom

4 comments:

Renegades said...

Our two really enjoy that song also.

Sweet Blessings said...

Love this Post..and so know someday Mason is really going to smile when he reads it and hears that song playing in his memory!!! Sweet blessings!

Katarina said...

I love how you write to your kids. How you freeze a moment in their lives and tell them just how important it was and how special they are to you. What a gift that you are giving them in the years to come.

Crystal said...

I echo Katarina's comments - precious posts that are creating a legacy for sure!

Thanks for stopping at my blog when I know you are so very busy this spring. I'm curious to know about 'more cattle, more work, etc.' that you mentioned in your post. Have you expanded your operation? Please keep posting when you can - I love reading your thoughts, your letters and your day to day happenings.

I'm glad we are "blogger friends" too!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin