August 3, 2012

pelicans & seals.


Dear Pacific Ocean Wildlife,

Your beauty and dedication to 'stick' together amazes me.

I watch in awe of your splendor.

You were knit together in your mother's womb just as I was.

Your life has been planned carefully & you have been perfectly made.


Some of you rise with wings ... and soar.

It's breathtaking to watch.

I stop what I'm  doing and stand facing the west.  Facing you.


You swoop and dive and fly with grace.


Staying close to the surf, you seem to be on a mission.


Maybe you're even headed to a family reunion on the rock.  Who knows.

It's not always about the destination.

Sometimes it's just about the flight.

Go figure.


.................................................

Some of you bask in the cloud cover - dreaming of your next meal while soaking in the warmth of the day.


You protect each other - hemmed in - from the front, and from behind.


As I inch my way closer, you seemed to trust me - lifting your heads and watching each of my steps.



Thank you for letting me in to your 'circle'.






I didn't read the warning about staying away from you until after I'd returned back home.


That was probably a good thing, because those 2 hours I spent walking and watching you, were 2 hours I'll treasure forever.


and I think my mother-in-law will too.

With appreciation for all you are & the beauty that is you,

Lindsay

Psalm 139

5 comments:

Kerry said...

Wow, so ... up close & personal :-)
Beautifully written!

B.R. said...

Awesome!!!

Darcy said...

Ditto to the comments above! And I love the sweet picture of the sea lion with it's flippers crossed over it's chest...such a neat shot!

Kristie said...

amazing!

Sweet Blessings said...

So breathtaking...and it makes me so curious...just what are they thinking when they see you girls :) God truly created amazing creatures BIG and small :) Sweet blessings!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin