Mason rarely wakes up during the night, but there are occasions when he does and won't go back to sleep without some comforting from mom or dad.
Monday night Ian and I both woke up when we heard a loud "thud." My first thought was that Mason had fallen out of his crib, but the thud wasn't that loud and at 2:00 in the morning I really wasn't sure of anything except that I was tired and my child was awake.
I go rushing into his room as he continues to scream... and I mean SCREAM! and quickly lift him up. He still doesn't stop crying, and in my tired state I didn't even think to turn the light on to "look" him over... so I take him into our room, lay him in the middle of the bed and he falls sound asleep. Weird - I know, but I was too tired to really think about the situation or why he was crying, I was just happy he was sleeping!
The next morning a small hand is patting my face saying "ma" quietly... and here is what I see...
so - somehow, someway, without falling out of his crib...
he winds up with a SHINER!
I can't believe I didn't even try to look and see what was wrong... Oh well, I'm sure it's not the worst thing that will ever happen... and I'm sure it won't be his last shiner!

6 comments:
Linds, What a shiner! You are right I am sure that it won't be Mason's last one. I am glad that you were able to pick him up and put him right into your bed and have him fall right to sleep. Don't feel bad about not really checking things out before putting him in your bed! (2:00AM ins't a time when you are really thinking clearly about things. You are an AWESOME mom and he is so lucky to have you!!!!
When William (my middle son) was Mason's age he had a bruise somewhere on his face most of the time. I think that it is just part of being a boy! It builds character!;)
He now fits the "rugged" image ... that matches his "rough and rugged John Deere ATV".
Oh' poor Mason. Ouch! I am quite sure I would have whisked him to my bed and thanked god he was back to sleep, before I even thought to check him out! It's all good. He does look pretty tough with the shiner!
Good to hear all is well with Mason. I think it could of been one of those animals that ate the Pizza pie from the truck that night. He thought he was in the kithcen. Mason was chasing him out of the room.
The two shiner's Ty has recieved have been during sleep. He fights sleep and falls asleep sitting up, not a good situation falling against the bed rail.
Post a Comment