April 24, 2006

Captured!







I tried to "capture" life on film yesterday afternoon and had some success just walking around our yard. It's amazing what you see when you really stop and take time to look! In our busy, busy world it seems we rarely have time to "stop" and really capture each moment before it's gone. My new goal/passion is to capture each moment I can - moments with Jesus, with my husband, with my son, with my friends, with my family... with this life I've chosen to love - wholeheartedly, without reservation or condition... just "capture" the things that mean the most to me!

It's National No TV week - and as I've been promoting this in my library today, the moans and groans are there - OF COURSE!... but it's been great to challenge these kids to think outside the box!! What else can we spend our time doing? ... what can I do with my family that I usually don't take the time to do? ... why should I "really" be thankful for the days of sunshine and a warm breeze?
I know it's not going to be easy - but if I'm going to promote it - then I better live it... so wish me luck!

Have a great week everyone and know that God has created you for a purpose! Get out there and start looking for what you can do to make life better for someone else... enjoy the small, quiet moments of your day... and get a smile on your face - LIFE IS GOOD!






Don't you love the fact that kids are so easily entertained by "things" that weren't created for them... but maybe, just maybe, they really were!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Truly God has placed us in a world meant to enjoy/explore...the beauty of creation & creativity! The moments in time that you captured sweet Mason on film are a treasure :-). He may, someday, question your motive in putting him in a cage, but it looks like it was all in the name of "exploration".

Anonymous said...

I just exactly what you mean about capturing the everyday moments around you. That is exactly how I feel! And, you are awesome at it. Your pictures are awesome. I had to laugh when I saw your comment on my blog about teaching you what I know about photography, you are awesome. I especially love your banner picture!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin