April 28, 2006

Typing 101


Happy Friday!

It is a beautiful day here in Eastern Oregon and I'm enjoying my morning with 2nd graders. Every Friday I teach computer skills to the 2nd graders and it's so fun to see how much they've learned. We're writing "word" documents this morning - somewhat challenging for them, but they're getting there! Today they were given the freedom to write anything they wanted - a letter, a list, a story... whatever they wished. There are a lot of misspelled words and incorrect puncuation... but their heart is in it - and that is what counts!
So... I thought I'd share one letter I received :)

I Love you mrsmrdock becaues you are a nise techer and you tech us new thing it semse like you now evry thing I hope you are my techer next yeare love Patrick.

Gotta love the sweet spirit of a child!!





Happy weekend to all of you - make the most of the sunshine and your time!
Time is priceless and yet it doesn't cost a thing!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linds, you are such an awesome teacher!!! The kids are lucky to have a teacher that is wiling to teach them new things and really enjoy them. What a nice note from Patrick. He knows a wonderful teacher. This teacher is someone that I am blessed enough to call friend. Have a great rest of your Friday, and a great weekend too.

Tanya

Anonymous said...

Hey! I recognize some of those similing faces! Especially the one that is MINE! You are a GREAT teacher! I know this because my kids tell me all the time! What a sweet, sweet note!

Anonymous said...

O.K... Had to post again. Now that I am home and looking at this picture bigger, HOLY COW, my kid is all over the place. This is SO awesome of you to post! Madi and I had a very good time looking at the pictures, and I got to hear about the letter she typed! Very Cool. You made our night! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You can tell Patrick that your Mother would be lost without the "delete" key for all the typos she makes :-)
He'll always be glad for the keyboarding skills you are teaching him! Good job Lindsay!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin