It started a little something like this...
- I hand Ian his ballot and calmly remind him that he needs to vote.
- I quickly finish folding the clothes that he has so kindly brought from the laundry room and piled on the couch... you never know who might show up at my house today (probably no one, but I just couldn't leave it...I just couldn't)
- I head back down the hallway and hear Mason saying "watch" "watch" "watch"... turn the corner and find markers, batteries, & gum EVERYWHERE!
- Ian is in the room with him - totally focused on voting... oblivious to the rest of the world.
- I "choose" not to scream and calmly pick everything up while Mason stomps around in his boots saying "no mommy" and "why" when I calmly tell him that he can't play with those things right now.
- Ian is still voting.
- I finish packing the diaper bag, start working on lunches, and realize that Mason has unpacked the diaper bag... I firmly say NO MORE! and Ian looks up.
- Ian continues voting.
- Mason puts his boots on, gets his hat and says "out" more times than I can count.
- Ian is done voting!
- He grabs his hat, Mason's cup, and heads out the door saying "he's just like me... can't wait to get outside"
- I stand at the sink watching out the window, questioning myself, my sanity, my life.
7:05
I'm late... we're supposed to be gone by now...
- Ian has started my pickup.
- Mason is inside with chips and a cookie.
- The dogs are sitting in the front seat.
- The windows are down and the wind is blowing the papers that were on the dash all around the pickup and out into the yard.
- I pick everything up... turn on "Positive Life Radio" and begin my Monday!
Happy Monday everyone!
Enjoy this ... I got it from a friend this morning... seemed appropriate.
Men Are Just Happier People --
What do you expect from such simple creatures?
Your last name stays put.
The garage is all yours.
Wedding plans takecare of themselves.
Chocolate is just another snack.
You can be President.
You can never be pregnant.
You can wear a white T-shirt to a water park.
You can wear NO shirt to a water park.
Car mechanics tell you the truth..
The world is your urinal.
You never have to drive to another gas station restroom because this one is just too icky.
You don't have to stop and think of which way to turn a nut on a bolt.
Same work, more pay.
Wrinkles add character.
Wedding dress $5000. Tux rental-$100.
People never stare at your chest when you're talking to them.
The occasional well-rendered belch is practically expected.
New shoes don't cut, blister, or mangle your feet.
One mood all the time.
Phone conversations are over in 30 seconds flat.
You can open all your own jars.
You get extra credit for the slightest act of thoughtfulness.
If someone forgets to invite you, he or she can still be your friend.
Your underwear is $8.95 for a three-pack.
You are unable to see wrinkles in your clothes.
Everything on your face stays its original color.
The same hairstyle lasts for years, maybe decades.
You only have to shave your face and neck.
You can play with toys all your life.
Your belly usually hides your big hips.
One wallet and one pair of shoes -- one color for all seasons.
You can wear shorts no matter how your legs look.
You can "do" your nails with a pocket knife.
You can do Christmas shopping for 25 relatives
on December 24 in 25 minutes.
No wonder men are happier.
10 comments:
All in a day's work.....you keep going, and going, and going. God Bless you for all you do, Lindsay!! Ian does notice all that you do, so keep up the good work!
The statements about men are pretty "right on", but life without them wouldn't be as fulfilling, that is for sure!
Totally cracking up at your list! Happy Monday!
Kristie
Oh Linds, tomorrow is a new day! Be consistent with Mason and it DOES pay off. Landon is 4 and we are all here for proof! Am still laughing at your list!
The run-down of your morning seems all too familiar. :)
As far as the list goes, there isn't much we can do about it. However, Ladies, if you have a "well-rendered" belch coming, don't hold back! That can't be good for you!?
Katie
Seriously that picture is too perfect for your post!:) They say ignorance is bliss, right?!?!? I often wonder if my hubby would notice if I just stopped doing some of the things that are on my perpetual "to do" list...he actually admitted to hiding out last night because he thought I was folding laundry and wanted to avoid being asked to help! I was actually just watching TV in the bedroom...where does that fit into the list?;)
Yep...posted twice today...didn't have time to finish the first go round!:)
That picture is perfect!
And don't forget. . . things WILL get better:)
Okay...that picture is so darn cute. Totally portrays the mood I imagine you are in this morning!
Great post...thanks for the giggles.
And great advise Katie!
And I am laughing at Ted hiding out...So something Mike would do with the folding laundry thing.
Hi Kids
Cute picture of you two. I like the part when Ian keeps voting.
That was a good run down on how a guy lives his life. Right on.
Tell Ian to take a Lunch break after all that voting.
Okay so that made me smile while sitting in my meeting - the look on your face almost says "so why do we choose to spend the rest of our lives with them"? Thank goodness love conquers almost all, and momentary insanity explains the rest! You are a wonderful, beautiful person and a responsible citizen for Ian!
That picture is the perfect photo for your post today. Will you "dog ear" the pages of the toddler discipline books that worked for Mason? Liam is one half step away from a time out.
Love you,
Shannon
Post a Comment