Never have been & I'm pretty sure I never will be.
... but, I am totally and completely intrigued by spider webs... like this one in my yard today.
They're amazing.
Each one is unique.
Each one is spun with grace.
Each one tells a story.
One of my favorite books of all times is Charlotte's Web by E.B. White.
Great story.
Great friendship.
Great spider.
One of my favorite parts is this conversation between Wilbur and Charlotte:
"Why did you do all this for me?" he asked. "I don't deserve it. I've never done anything for you." You've been my friend, " replied Charlotte. "That in itself is a tremendous thing. I wove my webs for you because I liked you. After all, what's a life, anyway? We're born, we live a little, we die. A spider's life can't help being something of a mess, with all this trapping and eating flies. By helping you, perhaps I was trying to lift up my life a trifle. Heaven knows anyone's life can stand a little of that."
Each time I read that and I can't help but remind myself to be a wife, a mother, a daughter, a sister, a friend like that.
Doing something for someone just because.
Not to keep score. Not to be the best. Not to get the praise.
Just to give with a generous heart and smile as someone else shines!
*(Not having such an easy time with that right now - especially with my husband... but that's a whole different post coming soon... just need to scan the "tally sheet" he made during dinner tonight. I'm sure you can see where this one is going. Hmmm.)
Now... If only I could find a web that said TERRIFIC.
7 comments:
Aww, Linds, I loved reading that! What a nice reminder about loving and living.
Great photos. Those could go in the fair! I was going to post about ants today (LONG story) but we can't both post about insects!! haha Keep doing what you're doing, you are great!
That is also my favorite part of "Charlottes's Web"
I loved reading this today. Each morning I come to your blog, it's like reading my devotional for the day. You remind me of the person I want to and need to be. Thanks for sharing your wonderful thoughts!
(and photography skills)
YOU are amazing Lindsay!!!
This post is soooo beautifully written. Nice job!
Love you more and more every day.
I didnot know you don't like spiders. Your mom doesn't either but that never stopped me from telling her when there was a spider around. I was so mean to her about that. sorry to you Kerry. the web is just another example of God's world.
Love to all
I have been keeping a tally lately. It doesn't make it any better. I am trying to really separate myself from that and not be so selfish. I love what you wrote. I too love "Charlottes Web"
:) Thank you for this today.. it can be aplied so many different ways!
Post a Comment