~ Child sized John Deere "Gators" are not meant to be driven in mud.
~ Socks don't keep mud from oozing inside the holes of "Crocs."
~ Muddy socks are best left in the field where your mom won't find them.
~ Gators go fast, Bucks go faster... especially when chasing after them down a gravel road.
~ "Thank" and "You" are the hardest two words for two year olds to say...
~ The three hardest words: "I" "Am" "Sorry" ... no matter what the age.
~ Remaining calm during the intense moments with a two year old is close to impossible.
~ Crying due to frustration and exhaustion is something two year olds and moms do well.
~ A heart shaped wooden spoon hurts just as bad as a regular wooden spoon.
~ Two year old children can stand in line patiently at the local post office.
~ Standing in the long, long line at the local post office with a two year old is totally worth it when there is a package to be picked up.
~ Debit cards can only be used for so long and then the "swiper" won't work.
~ Postmasters are terrific for pointing out that little known fact.
~ Keys work almost as well as scissors when opening a package.
~ Receiving an angel (to add to my collection) makes everything bad fade away... for at least 3 minutes.
~ Milkshakes only come in two sizes at Jack 'N The Box - large and extra-large.... and the lid is ridiculous.
~ When your child is begging for a milkshake - don't go to Jack 'N The Box.
~ Sharing is hard for everyone - no matter what the age.
~ Tortilla chips and a 3 month old don't mix.
~ Trying to explain to a two year old the reason why babies can't eat tortilla chips is pointless.
~ I'm not the mom I thought I would be.
~ I don't have as much patience when I'm tired.
~ I have the best baby in the world.
~ I have the cutest, naughtiest, stubbornest, funniest, most lovable son in the world.
~ I have a lot to learn tomorrow.
The clean sheets on my bed have never looked so good.
Goodnight.
10 comments:
What a day!
Sounds like a crazy day! On days like this, I always just repeat that old cliche . . . the only way out is up from here.
You are right, you probably aren't the mom you thought you would be, you are BETTER!
I am right there with you, though my tears of frustration are not caused by a two-year-old boy, rather a five-year-old girl asserting her fashion independence, two nine-year-old girls bickering back and forth all day long, and one thirteen year old girl who thinks I am the dumbest person on earth.
Since chocolate and ice cream are the best ways to recover from days like this, I'll remember to avoid Jack N The Box with kids in the car!
You are funny! Sleep well, tomorrow will be better!
Quite a lot of learning going on! What a mom you are! Don't get discouraged...your sons will thank you some day...and they won't remember this part. Love you sweet sister!
Love you, love you, love you!!! I am cracking up because you are such a GREAT mom and I totally understand the day you must have had. I would be there in 5 hours if you want me. Keep your chin up- you are loved.
Wow... I can totally relate! I have been there... the ages of your kids are very very demanding. You are a great mom! I think that being a mom is living the refining fire, we see all kinds of black crap rise to the surface that we didn't really know was inside us. Bless you as you become more like Jesus through motherhood! ;-)
Love this post!! and I think you know all the reasons why...
..and where have I seen that title before?? ;)
What's your happiness Today?
This is my favorite post ever!!!!
I love how real it is....
...no i want a milkshake and I dont want to share it with anyone!!!
Good to know about the milkshakes. I wish they gave out those cardboard cup holders on milkshakes, like the ones they put on hot coffee. My girls hold them by the lid because it is cold and then the lit pops off!
Oh Linds, all the "mothering and instructing" you have worked so hard with Mason shows when you are not around. He did so well when he was with us! Thanks for sharing your boys!
Post a Comment